Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Special characters in color

toffo is offline Junior Member

Default Special characters in color

Hi,

we are having problems with Finnish colors and inventory by color. There are some special characters in Finnish color names (like vihre & a u m l;) and we always get "Inventory table error - no inventory record..." when trying to add a product to cart. We have tried to use the color names as they are and also html encoded versions..

Any ideas on how to fix this?

Jani
    Last edited by Mike The Last Boyscout; 03-05-2010 at 12:56 PM.

webopius is offline Senior Member

Hi

Internally, the Inventory code uses a comma character behind the scenes to join/split the Size and Colour options for each variant. The result is stored in the ProductVariant Sizes and Colors fields respectively.

We had problems before when using a comma within the Size descriptions but with your Finnish descriptions, unless you have commas, I can't immediately see why there would be any issues at the database level.

It sounds to me like the inventory issue is in the Javascript components of your webpage.. that's definitely where the alert('Inventory Table Error - No Inventory Record Found...') is generated.

View the source of one of the problem pages in your site and you should see some Javascript code that creates an array of your available colour/size options. It's usually called board_x_y with x and y being the product and variant id.

This is where I would be looking for problems. Also double check which page encoding is being used for your html.

Let us know how you get on, I'm here to help if you have any more information.
    Adam

Rob is offline Senior Member

yeah could be how we are munging the stuff to make valid JS names...this all does get a bit weird when goofy chars are used

view source and just see what came out is first step like suggested. and then post here.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart