Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: advanced product page

btappan is offline Senior Member

Default advanced product page

I have a rather complicated product setup that I am looking for advice onwhat the optimal product page and type would be. Basically assume I sell product A, B, C, and D individually on my site. I also sell product E which is a combination of A+B (cheaper than if bought seperately) and also sell product F which is a combination of A+C (again,cheaper than if bought seperately). I see it looks like the KIT product setup seems to sync with this idea pretty well but from what I've tested it does not adhere to the limit cart to qty. on hand feature. This is a must for site because I sell out of production items that once they are gone I can not replenish the stock. I want to have a page for product A that also shows the options for that product that are combinations of other products and it needs to show availability of each option based on current stock, any suggestions?

btappan is offline Senior Member

Anyone?

If it makes it any easier, let me clarify that "Product A" will always be the root product in combination with the others to form the kit or whatever.

Ben-LynxSI is offline Member

I'm no expert, but like a challenge.

I'd leave the products as simple products, perhaps with variants. Then make some of the products "upsell products" for item A. Then you can set a discount percentage for upsell products for item A and change your XmlPackage to display the way you want.

Of course if you only have 4 or 5 core item, how many permutations can you have? You could just make one item for each variation. Obviously this becomes insane if your product library is significantly larger than I gathered from your post.
    Ben Swayne - C#/ASP.net/jQuery/Ajax/SEO
    Lynx System Integrators Ltd.
    Lynx Live Agent - real-time analytics, live chat and sales software for ASPDotNetStorefront
    My Personal Website