Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Multi-Image micro images not showing

frogpublications is offline Junior Member

Question Multi-Image micro images not showing

I am using the multi-image manager for my products. I have changed the following appconfig parameters:

UseImagesForMultiNav=true
    UseRolloverForMultiNav=true
    MultiMakesMicros=true

I have reset the cache, however, the micro images on the product page aren't showing up. There's just 3 little images that say "image unavailable." I have also tried changing "MultiImage.UseProductIconPics" from false to true, but the micro images still aren't showing.

What am I missing? Why aren't my micro images showing?
    Thanks!

Default Example of problem

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Is this unmodified version? Which version are you on? There's no issue like this as far as I am aware.

It's AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.1.
    I have the source code in VB.

Default Anyone???

After a week of changing several appconfig parameters to get the micro images working, they still aren't showing up. Does anyone know the a solution to this problem?

I have, however, been able to successfully make thumbnail images show up for my prodcut if I change the appconfig "MultiImage.UseProductIconPics" to "true." However, this just ends up pulling the thumbnails from my product icon folder, which rather than the micro folder, which isn't what I want because the product icon images are 150px rather than 40px. I want the micro images to be 40px as specified in my MicroStyle appconfig. I'm still getting the "image unavailable" icon.

Is there are way to manually create the images?

These are the appconfig parameters I have set up in order to activate the microimages:

MicroStyle: width:40;height:40;cols:5;colspacing:5;rowspacing: 5;
    MultiMakesMicros = true
    UseImagesForMultiNav = true
    LargeCreatesOthers = true
    LargeOverwritesOthers = true
    UseImageResize=true

I've reuploaded my images several times. Still nothing. What am I missing?

TSOLfan is offline Junior Member

Question Same Issue

I'm receiving this exact same issue. Micro images exist in the Micro images folder, and everything is set as it should be in the AppConfig variables, but we are still not seeing the images.

We are using the latest version, Multistore 9.1.0.1, and we are using the following Product XML Pack that we purchased:

Product Page with Tabs and Variants in Dropdowns

Any assistance is greatly appreciated.

jsimacek is offline Senior Member

We have seen this before in certain situations: the naming convention on the micros is incorrect (extra _ in the file name) in some carts so the files cannot be found, which sounds like the issue you are having... because this is in the source code, it might not be easy to fix without a patch.

With that said, though, our http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/p-8...tegration.aspx integration has a feature built in that fixes this problem (regenerates the images with correct names)...
    Jan Simacek - Compunix, LLC
    AspDotNetStorefront trusted Devnet Partner and Reseller since 2005

AspDotNetStorefront Mods and Add-Ons at http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/
    - Searching, Filtering and Sorting (like cSearch, Dealer Locator, Price Ranges, Blog)
    - Reports (like Cart Abandonment and Net Sales)
    - Customer Experience (like Question/Answers)
    - Site and Data Management (like Entity Product Mapper, Bulk Updaters, Make/Model/Year filters)

Kev is offline Junior Member

so for the low low price of $200 our images will work like they are supposed to or are you offering it for free?

mvacosta is offline Junior Member

Default Found a bug/workaround

Was having all sorts of trouble getting my micro images to work switching medium images on rollover. Found a clue at this site:

http://frog.com/store/p-5-drops-in-t...h-level-r.aspx

which told me that maybe there was a bug in the naming convention for micro images. I had been using SKU_#_.jpg to no avail but got it all to work by using SKU_#.jpg (no second underscore) for images in the micro folder ONLY.

I hope this helps someone else out.

B-Double-U is offline Member

Default Problem Found / Resolved

Our Programmer morrisonconsulting found the issue and provided us a solution.

Ours stems from when you create a product manually, the SKU has a space after the number. So a product with SKU "123456789" is not considered the same as a SKU of "123456789 ".

It's easy to do if you are doing a copy paste because Micro$oft loves to grab that extra space for you (because they know better, what you want, than you do)

Hopefully that helps.

You may need to go back in manually and remove the additional underscore from the image name, to get any legacy ones to show properly.

spamacon is offline Junior Member

Default Fix for 9.2 if you have the source code

I ran into this in 9.2 as well (have any Vortx support people read this thread?), but I have the source code so I was able to fix it.

In the MakeOtherMultis function in AppLogic.cs in AspDotNetStorefrontCore, change 2 lines:

Change
    Code:
    string imagepath = GetImagePath("Product", size.ToString(), true) + FN + "_" + ImageNumber.ToLowerInvariant() + "_" + SafeColor + imgExt;
    to
    Code:
    string imagepath = GetImagePath("Product", size.ToString(), true) + FN + "_" + ImageNumber.ToLowerInvariant() + (size == ProductImageSize.micro ? "" :  "_" + SafeColor) + imgExt;
    And change
    Code:
    System.IO.File.Delete(GetImagePath("Product", size.ToString(), true) + FN + "_" + ImageNumber.ToLowerInvariant() + "_" + SafeColor + ss);
    to
    Code:
    System.IO.File.Delete(GetImagePath("Product", size.ToString(), true) + FN + "_" + ImageNumber.ToLowerInvariant() + (size == ProductImageSize.micro ? "" : "_" + SafeColor) + ss);
    In both of those, a small check is made to see if we are processing the micro image, and if so, to not put in the underscore and the SafeColor.

The multi image manager will create all other sizes as normal, and won't add the trailing underscore to the micro image file name. Now the rollover images show on the product page and everything seems to work as it should. I really hope this is fixed in the next patch/release as it is such a simple correction.

B-Double-U is offline Member

I am not sure if that will work in our scenario, since we actually use spaces in our SKUs.

A SKU for us would be something like "123456789 A".
    Where the "A" would be the variant. It's impossible for use to change, since we work with a backend system that has to have the SKU suffix (variant) separated by a space.

I think we may look at just trimming from the beginning and end of the SKU.

Thanks for the input, I think that will work for 99.9% of the others out there. But, like usual, we are the odd man out.

michael@spotlightwebdesig is offline Junior Member

Default Update

I don't have the source code so am unable to do this workaround. Interesting read and work-through though. I might have to purchase this to get it to work since, my other attempts to fix this have failed.

Thanks for sharing though!

michael@spotlightwebdesig is offline Junior Member

Default Update

I hate to update a post when I was the last one to make the post but here goes. I have found a workaround for those with the similar micro image feature that is working perfectly now with no bug issues. Since I did not purchase the full source code (for a customer of mine with budget concerns) I was not able to implement the fix mentioned above.

But what worked was a minor code manipulation in the EntityProductImageMgr.aspx.cs page.

Commented out what was changed.
    Code:
    // lets try and create the other multi images if using the large multi image manager
    if (TheSize == "large")
        {
            AppLogic.MakeOtherMultis(FN, ImageNumber, SafeColor, TempImage2, ContentType);
            //Added to Make the Large Multi Upload create the correctly name Micro Images
            AppLogic.MakeMicroPic(FN, ImageNumber, TempImage2);
        }
    All that was needed was to replicate the existing usage of the MakeMicroPic (located in the medium upload section) into the large and it is correctly creating the Micro Pics as needed.

I hope this helps someone else out. I have tested pretty thoroughly today and did not come across any issues with it, so it looks to be a bug free solution.

ahsrescue is offline Member

Default multi nav micros

Quote Originally Posted by jsimacek View Post
    We have seen this before in certain situations: the naming convention on the micros is incorrect (extra _ in the file name) in some carts so the files cannot be found, which sounds like the issue you are having... because this is in the source code, it might not be easy to fix without a patch.

With that said, though, our http://www.ecommercecartmods.com/p-8...tegration.aspx integration has a feature built in that fixes this problem (regenerates the images with correct names)...
    I'm using multistore 9.2. I upgraded to it from 9.1. Before the upgrade, I didn't have this problem. Now, after the upgrade I do. So if this problem is compiled that way, and its wrong, then why is it compiled that way? I replaced my old 9.1 dll files with the new 9.2 ones. Why do the new ones have this bug? How is it only "Some" stores? and not others? If I downloaded the 9.2 files, how are they any different than any other 9.2 store.

cengen is offline Member

Default I too have MS 9.2 and this was a problem - thank you Michael for the fix two posts up

(Problem did not exist before the MS 9.2 release build)

Tried it and it works great.

Kudos, Good Karma and vibes to you michael@spotlightwebdesign !

Regards,

- Charlie

ESC is offline Junior Member

Default Multi Image Problem

We have the same issue with version 8.0.1. We have uploaded all the neccessary images in the FTP. BUt the multi-images are not showing. All the App ConFigs are set correctly. Did I miss something?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thank you

jackson76 is offline Junior Member

Default Similar Problem

We are running 9.2 and for our default store the multi images are working fine, but on the second store, the micro images are not showing. Nor is the xml package creating the code to display them in the source rendered.

So same product on two stores. One shows the micros and one doesn't. I've checked all the app configs and nothing is different. All running of the default configs. Same xml package just copied to a new skin.

tuffy is offline Member

Default 9.3

Apparently they didn't fix this in 9.3.
    I'm not seeing a difference in code between 9.2 and 9.3, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to be commenting out. This is the code I have in my EntityProductImgMgr.aspx.cs

Code:
    // lets try and create the other multi images if using the large multi image manager
    if (TheSize == "large")
    {
    }
    else if (AppLogic.AppConfigBool("MultiMakesMicros") && TheSize == "medium" && SafeColor == "")
    {
         // lets create micro images if using the medium multi image manager
         // since the medium icons are what show on the product pages

}

cengen is offline Member

Default think this is what you need Tuffy

Please note: it's from my MS9.2 code, I have not gotten through the MS9.3 upgrade yet.

I think you need to add the underlined bold-ed text AppLogic.MakeMicroPic- yada,yada,yada.... in the IF section of the statement below.
    (You will notice my code comment above it so I don't stumble on this in the future...)

Again, Kudos and Credit to michael@spotlightwebdesign (Post with the title of "Update" on this thread)

Code:
                                    if (TheSize == "large")
                                    {
                                        //Added to Make the Large Multi Upload create the correctly name Micro Images - got this fix from adnsf forum
                                    }
                                    else if (AppLogic.AppConfigBool("MultiMakesMicros") && TheSize == "medium" && SafeColor == "")
                                    {

}
    Good Luck, Hope this helps....

- Charlie

tuffy is offline Member

Talking This fix works in 9.3!!!

Thanks for clarifying! It works now!!!! I'm so excited! I can't believe they didn't fix this in 9.3 especially since you gave them the code.. Lazy.

cengen is offline Member

Great, glad to hear it.

When I ran support departments at companies, we hired and developed engineers to move on within the company, and provided feedback to improve the products.

Customer Service should be all over these forums, and pointing out to engineering/development freebies such as this.

Oh well, sometimes it seems the feedback only sinks in from the top.

There is always the next revision.

danrawk is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by tuffy View Post
    Apparently they didn't fix this in 9.3.
    I'm not seeing a difference in code between 9.2 and 9.3, but I don't understand what I'm supposed to be commenting out. This is the code I have in my EntityProductImgMgr.aspx.cs

Code:
    if (TheSize == "large")
    {
    }
    {

}
    UPDATE: 10/23/12
    i wrote in this space earlier saying i couldn't get the above to work. after some help from Erik in ASPDNSF support, we found this:

"Looks like the source of your issue was having: UseSKUForProductImades set to TRUE. You don't even have Product SKUs being set (only variant level), so this only had a detrimental affect."

so, if you make the above code change, make sure UseSKUForProductImages is set correctly, otherwise you will get a non-functioning behavior on your product thumb images. :>) hope that saves someone some trouble/support tickets
    Last edited by danrawk; 10-23-2012 at 07:02 AM. Reason: fix available.

danrawk is offline Member

just a follow up. aspdnsf has confirmed this bug in MS 9.2. i was told that it's been sent to the developers for fix in a future release.

deselt is offline Senior Member

Thanks for the Fix. We had same problem after upgrading from 9.2 tor 9.3.
    Its shame they released it with bug.

mjg is offline Member

Does anyone know if this was resolved in 9.3.1.0 or do we still need to merge this patch in manually?
    EMM - Enhanced Email Manager