Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: ShowPriceRegularPrompt

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

Default ShowPriceRegularPrompt

Where and when is the AppConfig "ShowPriceRegularPrompt" used?

Currently it is set to "Our Price:" and described as "Prefix given to regular prices on section/category grid pages."

But on our section/category grid pages (using entity.gridwithprices.xml.config), under the product image it says "Price: $X.XX"

I'm trying to find a way to change the category grid listing to show underneath the product image "Starting Price:", but I can't change this string resource without also changing the the "Price:" prefix on the product pages (using product.variantsinrightbar.xml.config).

ShowPriceRegularPrompt AppConfig seems like it should do exactly what I want it to, but I am unsure of its use.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

To change that string, go to String Resource Mgr and search 'Regular Price' you should see a couple string matches there, change it according to which page you want it to reflect. The ShowPriceRegularPrompt appconfig parameter isn't used anywhere in our codes, we should remove that there in the future builds.

I've changed the strings you referenced but no changes appear in the category listings.

On the other hand, if I change showproduct.aspx.26 (Price: ) then the category listings change, but also the "Price:" listed for each variant on the product page.

Can these two strings be changed independently?

joe.loutzenhiser is offline Junior Member

Default The short answer is "yes!"

But it involves recompiling base source, writing function overrides and passing the page type (product or category) and creating new string resources, all of which can be daunting if you're not used to it.

A more simple way would be to use the ExtensionBase StrReplace() function in the Xml Package that is displaying the "Price:" text string. Replace the "Price:" with whatever it is you wish to display on the category page, and then replace it with something different on your product detail page, in necessary.

Something like this, to replace "Price:" with "Cost" in the Product Detail Xml package.

<xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StrReplace(aspdnsf:GetVariantPrice (VariantID, number(HidePriceUntilCart), Price, SalePrice, ExtendedPrice, Points, $pSalesPromptName, TaxClassID), 'Price:', 'Cost:')" disable-output-escaping="yes" />

Hope this helps.
    Vortx - DevNet partner
    http://www.vortx.com

Worked great, exactly what I needed! Thanks!