Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Another Best Sellers Question

ITL is offline Junior Member

Question Another Best Sellers Question

Hello this is only my second post so please bear with me here. I was just wondering if there was a way to change what shows up in the best sellers list on the default page? Our client does not like the products that show up there. Do we have to "trick" the system or do a workaround to control what shows up in that list?

Thanks,

-Murjan

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

The bestsellers.aspx page content is generated by the page.bestsellers.xml.config XML package, which gets its data from the aspdnsf_BestSellers stored procedure. That sproc returns the N most popular products based on number of sales or $$ amount sold (depending on the orderby parameter you send it). Displaying different products there would require editing either the XML package or the sproc.

Default Another Best Sellers Question

Thank you for the quick reply.

But I found that we cannot edit the sproc since it's encrypted (modify button is greyed out). Is there a way to exclude an item from showing up in the best seller list (flagging it in the product table somehow)? If not, how can we modify an encrypted Stored Procedure?

Thanks for the help,

-Murjan

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

You'll just need to follow the directions here to decrypt the stored procedure.

Smile Another Best Sellers Question

Okay thanks again for the reply. We'll look into this.