Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: refresh cache

Ronsky is offline Junior Member

Default refresh cache

We have started using the product and have written a routine to populate the database however we need to manually run the refreshe cache to see the data on the front end. As we want to automate our product uploads/updates how do I get the product to update the cache without a person logging into admin and pressing the button. I have tried turning the cache on and changing the cacheminutes to 1 but it does not work as the only way to see my data is to press the dreaded refresh cache. Any help would be appreciated.
    Thanks
    Ron

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There's no way to perform reset cache automatically, but you could do it without logging into the admin.

You can run this request via yoursite.com/ipx.asmx and this should run "reset cache".

<AspDotNetStorefrontImport>
    <ResetCache Confirm="true"/>
    </AspDotNetStorefrontImport>

chrismartz is offline Senior Member

Could this be used to refresh the cache in a SelectedStateChanged function? So If I were to change a drop down element and submit, it would refresh the cache to recalculate?

The <ResetCache Confirm="true"> is equivalent to the 'Reset Cache' link in the admin. No, you can't call it to refresh a certain method in the code-behind pages.

Thanks Alfred. Do you use this same function to recalculate the tax when a user changes their state in billing or shipping?

What I can suggest is, you have to place the method where the tax calculation is done inside the SelectedStateChanged() method. So, when the user changes the states your calculation tax method will be called to recompute it based on the new state selected.

I am using AppLogic.m_RestartApp();. Is this the correct function to use to reset the customer's cache?