Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Advanced Search Features

baba is offline Senior Member

Default Advanced Search Features

Hi,

In the search page, when you enter text "Baby Toy", i want to search for both the text Baby as well as Toy and show the results.

Currently it only searches for "Baby Toy" in the product name & variant name. How i want to work is it should do a search for Baby in the product & variant name and another search for Toy in the product & Variant name.....

has anyone done like this?? any ideas?? I know we need to edit the Stored Procedure "[aspdnsf_GetProducts]". Has anyone edited for this reason....

If they have done this, please share your ideas.....
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Thanks Scot, But we are trying to avoid the full text search as it would take a hit in the performance. Looking for other alternatives, something like building the where clause dynamically....
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

Scot,

Finally we are moving with full text search...

i tried to set it up and i get this error... any ideas??

ERROR: 'UIX_Product_ProductGUID' is not a valid index to enforce a full-text search key. A full-text search key must be a unique, non-nullable, single-column index which is not offline, is not defined on a non-deterministic or imprecise nonpersisted computed column, and has maximum size of 900 bytes. Choose another index for the full-text key.
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

This is setting it up via the admin site? Our full text indexing doesn't index any GUID fields.

Also, in regards to a performance hit, actually you should experience the opposite. Full text indexing can significantly speed up searches vs. using the LIKE operator to do matching.