Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Updating Users Salt/Password

Fean0r is offline Senior Member

Default Updating Users Salt/Password

I have imported my customers to the db via a sql insert.

I now need to updated the password/salt with the proper ADNSF encryption etc

I was told I can do this via WSI, which I have now installed.

This is all new to me so eould anyone be able to give me an idea of where to begin?

Thanks
    Version: ML 8.0.1.2 and No Source Code.

Bump.

or does anyone know a way I can do this?

I have over 100k users I need to do this for..

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Yep. You can reset random password via WSI in conformance with store strong password settings. See this manual here.

Just to confirm, if the password was already not strong, so pass123 for example, would it still work ok?

Thanks

George the Great is offline Senior Member

If passwords have been inserted as plain text, then you must set the SaltKey for that record to negative 1 ( -1 ). From there you must touch the web.config file, perform an iisreset, or any other action that forces the application to restart. When the application restarts, the startup logic will salt/hash any password that has a SaltKey of -1 and reset the salt key to the correct value. Any customers that have a plain text password that will not be able to log in until you've followed those instructions
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>