Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Descriptions in Variants in Tables Condensed

flammaaeterna is offline Member

Default Descriptions in Variants in Tables Condensed

I was taking a look at the default Variants In Tables Condensed package, and noticed that what I think the functinoality it intends for variant descriptions isn't happening.

The logic for creating a column (td) for the variant description looks like this:

<xsl:if test="($ShowDescriptionInTableCondensed='true' or string-length($ShowDescriptionInTableCondensed)=0) and $SomeVariantsHaveDescriptions &gt; 0">
    <td>
    <xsl:value-of select="aspdnsf:StringResource('showproduct.aspx.3 2', $LocaleSetting)" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    </td>
    </xsl:if>
    Assume that $ShowDescriptionsInTablesCondensed is true.

However, $SomeVariantsHavedescriptions is given the wrong value. The count, below, returns the number of variants, regardless of whether the description is empty:

<xsl:param name="SomeVariantsHaveDescriptions" select="count(/root/Variants/Variant/VariantDescription)" />
    The description column is created every time, even if the variant has no description, because it will always be 1 or more.

How would one actually check to simply see if any of the variants had non-null variant descriptions? Some of my variants of descriptions, some don't, and it looks weird to have the description column show when the variant has none.

flammaaeterna is offline Member

As a summary, what I am trying to do is display a Description column if and only if there is one or more VariantDescription field populated.

blue_Shift is offline Junior Member

And i'm trying to do this in one of the simple product xml's....regardless of how many variants there are. product.svf2.xml doesn't ping SQL for variant data at all.