Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: This version of aspdotnetstorefront does not run in 64 bit mode

deepgfishing is offline Junior Member

Default This version of aspdotnetstorefront does not run in 64 bit mode

Hello

I installed the ML/64 storefront on my local copy of windows Vista Home Edition Premium. It is a 64 bit O/S but I get the error THIS VERSION OF ASPDOTNETSTOREFRONT DOES NOT RUN IN 64BIT MODE.

I did some research and see that this O/S is supported. I also tried to change the application pool setting for IIS to enable 32 bit applications and the website comes up but with no images and just hyperlinks which is not what i think i should be seeing. Does anyone know why it is not running in 64 bit mode and how to get this working correctly. I have a meeting with some clients that want to use the storefront but I need to show them a demo.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Deep
    Last edited by deepgfishing; 03-01-2010 at 05:14 PM. Reason: More research was done, more detail in message.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Correct, ML/64 is really designed to work well with 64bit machines. Though you need to make a couple of adjustments on your .net framework, just follow these directions in our manual.

Also, you'll need to make sure that you've created and properly installed the license key in order for the site to operate in a 64-bit environment.

amient2 is offline Member

Default Still No Images

Ok we got the "aspdotnetstorefront does not run in 64 bit mode" message to go away but the site looks horrible and none of the images are being displayed. I looked and it looks like the folders have the proper permissions but who knows. Thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

amient2 is offline Member

Default No luck

Scott,

Thanks for the information. I tried suggestion two because I could not find the ASP.NET tab mentioned in the first suggestion.

After I followed the instructions for suggestion two and now I am getting the following error: "The website cannot display the page HTTP 500 "

Can I reinstall the storefront or do you have any other suggestions?

Thanks again for your help.