Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Subscription Access Issue ??

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member

Question Subscription Access Issue ??

I have a topic that is limited to members with subscription only. None of my members have had an issue accessing this page when logged in, nor have I in my testing... except one member. Every time he tries to access the page, he gets logged out and cannot view it. This happens to him on multiple computers and multiple browsers. I have even nuked his customer account and had him create a new one and the same thing is happening. Does anyone have any idea what could be going on here?

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

Which version are you operating on? Are you using subscriptions that expire if so, has his expired?

ML 8.0.1.2, I am simply setting the subscription expiration in the member's accounts. His is set at 12/20/2019. I have also tried other dates and the same issue occurs. FYI I am using this a wholesale/dealer resource. I am not selling subscriptions. I am just activating accounts/subscriptions so that exclusive distributor content can be viewed.

Just got another report of this occurring with another user. I have tried setting up a subscription item rather than just entering the expiration date manually, but that did not resolve the issue either.

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

I'd recommend you submit a ticket to our support team for this issue so that we can look into it a bit.

Ticket submitted. Thanks.

Figured this one out. The topic must be accessed via https, otherwise the subscription is not recognized.

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

We will need to add this to the knowledge base, good information.

It is actually strange because the issue doesn't occur with everyone, only some. But for those it occurs across all browsers and multiple computers. Still weird!