Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Need help with tracking code : Will Pay for assistance

HomeIndoor is offline Member

Question Need help with tracking code : Will Pay for assistance

I need to generate the tracking code for our datafeed company.

The instructions say as follows

<script type="text/javascript">
    <!--
    var order_id = "";
    var order_value = "";
    var total_units = "";
    var product_ids = "";
    var product_units = "";
    //-->
    </script>
    <script src="https://reporting.singlefeed.com/z/convert.pl?merchant_id=2383" type="text/javascript" ></script>

but I dot know what values to enter to make this code fully work

Parameters:

There are five optional, but highly recommended, parameters that you can pass to SingleFeed through this code snippet. This is usually done by inserting a dynamic variable enclosed in the doublequotes after the equal sign. The dynamic variable is determined by your ecommerce platform or shopping cart provider. For example, your variable for order_value may look like <$cart_subtotal$> and would automatically insert the dollar value of the order into the order_value parameter. Below are explanations of each optional parameter:

*The following parameters are strongly recommended:

* order_id:
    A unique identifier for the current order.
    * order_value:
    The value of this order.

*The following parameters are recommended:

* total_units:
    Total number of units in this order.
    * product_ids:
    A comma separated list of product identifiers for the products in this order.
    * product_units:
    A comma separated list of unit counts that corresponds to the product_ids list.
    I know I need to add this to the order confirmation page, but other than that I am lost. thank you in advance.

$50 will be paid via paypal for help with this matter.
    call me if anything
    three-four-seven-two-seven-five-four-zero-seven-five

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Make it £50 & I'll knock up an xmlpackage that will do it for you.

TTFN

BFG

Exclamation lets do this

How does xml package help me. Since I have to add this code the confirmation page & product page
    This is the full instructions

Step 1: Install Product Page Code

Below is your customized product page javascript code. You will need to insert this code into all of your product pages. This is usually done through a template that applies to all of your product pages. The best place to insert the code is just before the closing body tag (</body>).

<!--
    var merchant_id = "2383";
    //-->
    </script>
    <script src="http://reporting.singlefeed.com/z/track.js?v=1.1" type="text/javascript"></script>

Step 2: Install Conversion Page Code

Below is your customized conversion page javascript code. You will need to insert this code onto the post-purchase page that is displayed to a shopper AFTER they have placed an order. This is usually an order confirmation or thank you page. The best place to insert the code is just before the closing body tag (</body>).

<!--
    var order_id = "";
    var order_value = "";
    var total_units = "";
    var product_ids = "";
    var product_units = "";
    //-->
    </script>
    <script src="https://reporting.singlefeed.com/z/convert.pl?merchant_id=2383" type="text/javascript" ></script>

If you can tell me how creating a xml package, will help, then lets get this started.

thanks

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

You call the xmlpackage from your skin (template.ascx).
    It does nothing at all until the confirmation page - at which point it outputs the code you need.

(the product page code can be added as well - or you could add it to your product xmlpackage)

TTFN

BFG

Drop me an email - johno [AT] johnoandsarah.com
    Last edited by BFG 9000; 03-01-2010 at 06:41 AM.

Smile thanks

will send you an email shortly.