Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How setup % off Next Order

WrestlingMart is offline Junior Member

Default How setup % off Next Order

We want to offer 20% off the customer's next order if certain products are purchased on an order. (We plan to send out an email with this offer specifying the qualifying “certain products”.) What would be the easiest / best way to do this? We are running AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.0.0 and do not have the source code.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's absolutely possible. You can setup a quantity discount and specify a certain percentage off if customers purchase a certain number of quantities.

I am sorry if it is my misunderstanding, but I do not see how this answers my question as we are trying to give a % off the customer's NEXT order if they purchase 1 or more of the qualifying products on their current order. I know I could manually check the orders for a qualifying order and then email the customer a coupon code for the % off, but am looking for a way to do it within the system.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

There's no way to completely automate that 'out of the box', that would take some customization.

There are ways that could be done without the source if you had a dev to set them up. For example a DB trigger that checked through orders at the end of the day and took those customer IDs to dump them in a customer level would work.

I see how the Customer Level can be used, but in our case the Level Discount Percent would only be for their next order and would need to be cleared after 1 use.
    Please let me know of any other known ways/examples of how this can be done without the source. (I have dev help here - just looking for the best way to do this.)

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Looks like the functionality you are looking can be done using a Coupon, you can set it based on these attributes: Expires On First Usage By Any Customer, Expires After One Usage By Each Customer, Expires After N Uses, etc. However, you'll still need to customize the source a bit and add a logic that would determine whether the customer has existing order or not, otherwise, coupon will be applied regardless.

StorageSolutions is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by WrestlingMart View Post
    I see how the Customer Level can be used, but in our case the Level Discount Percent would only be for their next order and would need to be cleared after 1 use.
    Please let me know of any other known ways/examples of how this can be done without the source. (I have dev help here - just looking for the best way to do this.)
    We found "Order Auto Coupon Emails for AspDotNetStorefront" by www.ecommercecartmods.com works really well for us. Out of the box it will not do exactly what you need but you may be able to get developer to customize it for your needs.

-David
    ML 8.0.1.2