Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Home Page Organic Search Results

dnbriden is offline Junior Member

Default Home Page Organic Search Results

Our new ASPDNSF site has been up for about 6 weeks. The site is ranking well on organic search with Google, but not in the way we expected. Our home page url is consistently ranking in the top 5 (!!!) for keyword searches while the more relevant page based on the search keywords entered is ranking 9, 10 or on a different page of results altogether. Although we like the high placement, I just don't understand why the home page is ranked this way. Has anyone else seen this with their site or know why this is happening?

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Impossible to tell without a url & some keywords.....

TTFN

BFG

sure, I guess an example would be helpful... our url is www. powerprosinc.com

example keyword is powerware 9170

Using this, our home page ranks near the top of the first page, but our manufacturer page is actually on page 2 of the search results.

Dimmer is offline Member

You may find that Google initially puts new urls at the top of the results then the page may sink depending on many different factors.

Age of site
    Domain Name
    Relevency to results
    competitive sites
    etc etc
    Alan
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.0.0/7.1.1.0 - with modifications
    www.stuff-uk.net

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by dnbriden View Post
    sure, I guess an example would be helpful... our url is www. powerprosinc.com

example keyword is powerware 9170

Using this, our home page ranks near the top of the first page, but our manufacturer page is actually on page 2 of the search results.
    Is it possible that you're logged into your google account?
    I don't see your homepage listed - the first result for your domain is in position 14.

( Loooong image below.... )

Hope this helps?

TTFN

BFG

I had no idea that login status affected what I saw in Google search results. Glad to be looking at reality now, as what I was seeing did not make sense to me. Thanks.