Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Timeout expired on search

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

Default Timeout expired on search

Hi,
    When searching on the admin and front end I get this error:
    Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    Is there anything I can do to stop this from happening?

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

Might want to take a look at the application logs. Also take a look at the db logs and see if there are any errors showing up.

chazandchaz is offline Member

I can say I have this same problem. I have dev box with a ton of products loaded on it and we can't seem to extend the "timeout period"

Is that a setting in IIS or the ASPDNSF code?

Chaz.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

It looks like the server process expires before it completes the request sent from AspDotNetStorefront site. Timeout expired is usually cause by not having enough memory and that could be resolved by increasing your application pool's? Have your IT or host determine if the environment can be made suitable to host the website given the number of products/entities/etc you have.

chazandchaz is offline Member

on my Dev box I have 16GB of ram available and the app pool is has a memory limit set to 0. Is there another setting I can change?

thanks in advance.

Soulfire86 is offline Junior Member

The way I got around a Timeout Expired exception is by simply in the codebehind for that particular page, setting the Sever.ScriptTimeOut to some higher number (default is 90 seconds) and then on Page_Unload resetting it back to the default since it is a server-side variable and I don't want it changed for my entire site.

Here's the code for the page I wanted longer timeout period.

protected void Page_Init(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    {
    //Save the standard timeout
    standardTimeOut = Server.ScriptTimeout;

//Set timeout to 5 minutes (300 seconds)
    Server.ScriptTimeout = 300;
    }

protected void Page_Unload(object sender, System.EventArgs e)
    {
    //Reset standard server timeout after this page is done
    Server.ScriptTimeout = standardTimeOut;
    }
    8.0.1.1 ML C# - Production
    9.0.1.2 ML C# - Development