Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Rounding quantity discount amounts

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

Default Rounding quantity discount amounts

We have quantity discounts setup and ran into a small problem with the rounding.

Our item is priced at $0.65, when the customer buys 20 they get a 30% discount (Making the item cost $0.455). Storefront doesn't round up the last penny and reads this as total of $9.10

Our in-house ERP software rounds up the quantity discount to the nearest penny. The item that is $0.65 @ 30% off becomes $0.46 x 20 == $9.20.

This creates a $0.10 difference in line totals between the two systems.

Is there any way to change how the storefront rounds numbers when calculating quantity discounts?

ahaid is offline Junior Member

I'm having the same problem. My client's accounting software rounds up but the online store is truncating. Can I get an update on this?

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

What version of storefront are you using. We are aware of some rounding issues with the 8x version, the 9x version has had the pricing system completely rewritten so as to solve many of the pricing/rounding issues among other issues.

VaughanSafety is offline Junior Member

Default Rounding Issues

We are also having rounding issues with the quantity discount feature. We are on version ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2. Will upgrading to v.9 solve the problems with rounding?