Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: How to set up mail config with Google Apps?

jacknchan is offline Junior Member

Default How to set up mail config with Google Apps?

I have set up my email to run through Google Apps and it's already working - I am receiving emails.
    In the app config section, how do I set up the Google DNS info? From what I understand the outgoing server is smtp.gmail.com and the user name is your username@yourdomain.com.
    Does anyone have any experience using Google Apps with ASPDNSF? If you can tell me the settings I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Jack
    Jack

fooster is offline Member

yup- its simple to set up. Go to the email configuration page and fill out the following:

DNS: smtp.gmail.com
    email as username
    your password
    Mail Server TCP Port: 587
    Mail Server requires SSL == true

You may have to fiddle with your server/hosting account to allow access out. YMMV ;P

Ck1 is offline Junior Member

I'm having a problem using these settings. I had been using google apps email for 2 years and recently something change and my email (receipts and notifications) stopped functioning.

This is the error i receive.

EMail Test and Configuration:
    New Order Notification Failed:
    ·Mail Error occurred - Exception=Failure sending mail.
    Unable to connect to the remote server
    A connection attempt failed because the connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or established connection failed because connected host has failed to respond 74.125.67.109:587

Thanks for any help you can provide.