Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: View Page Source

paracom is offline Junior Member

Default View Page Source

When you "view page source" on the home page using Firefox or IE, could somebody tell me where this code is located? Thank you, ML 7.0.2.5

Rob is offline Senior Member

which code are you referring to?
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront View Post
    which code are you referring to?

I would like to remove this from the page source----- STORE VERSION: AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.0.2.5/7.0.2.5

I had a competitor ask how long I had been using ASPDNSF. I asked how he knew and he said it's in the page source. I looked and yep, there it is.
    He also said the "THIS SITE MAY BE RUNNING UNLICENSED...." shows up at the bottom? I get this intermittently too. I have a real problem with this one, it does not look good when a prospect is on my site, or anybody, it makes it look like I'm some kind of thief or hacker. I know you have a product to protect. I've submitted tickets in the past but it appeared NPF. I've been wanting to buy an upgrade but I can't seem to remedy this. Thanks

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

It sounds like you have either the (!PAGEINFO!) or (!STORE_VERSION!) (or both) skin tokens in your skin template. If you remove those, it should take care of the issue.

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

Also for the "THIS SITE MAY BE RUNNING UNLICENSED...." you need to make sure the site is only being accessed from the domain it was licensed. If anyone hits the site from an address other then the license it will cause this message to show up until the site is restarted or goes though a refresh cycle.

Default That was an easy fix, Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Mike View Post
    It sounds like you have either the (!PAGEINFO!) or (!STORE_VERSION!) (or both) skin tokens in your skin template. If you remove those, it should take care of the issue.

That was an easy fix, Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront - John View Post
    Also for the "THIS SITE MAY BE RUNNING UNLICENSED...." you need to make sure the site is only being accessed from the domain it was licensed. If anyone hits the site from an address other then the license it will cause this message to show up until the site is restarted or goes though a refresh cycle.

This is more my problem, not the software or licensing. It's the same server I have been using for 11 years, my site can be accessed via it's .com or the IP address. My staging key is the IP, production key is the domain. The only time the message is displayed is while accessing the .com, never the IP. Maybe a redirect would remedy this?

Thank you

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Send into support so we can verify that, make sure to provide your order number. Thanks