Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Registering the unregisterd

electricbaby is offline Junior Member

Default Registering the unregisterd

Hi,
    We've set up our storefront for customers to request quotes - no payment and mostly unregistered customers. We use the request to make final quote, email and call back and process order outside of storefront.

For purchasing customers, we'd like to go into the storefront and change the unregistered customer to registered. Is this possible?

Thanks
    Franklin

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

You'll need to update the customer's record in the DB to have IsRegistered=1 (You can't do this through the admin site, need to edit the DB). Then make sure that the customer has an email address and go into the admin site and force reset their password. The customer will get a temporary password they can use to log in and set a new one.

Rob is offline Senior Member

Actually, you can just set the "Registered CheckBox" in the customer admin edit panel (search by email). then click save. Make sure they do have a pwd also yes.

A registered customer should have both an email and a password set (obviously). They should also be "over 13" checked (that one is a federal requirement in the US)
    Last edited by Rob; 02-23-2010 at 01:34 PM.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

mgibbs is offline Senior Member

Is this a V9 thing or something that you turn on in AppConfig?

When in the site as SuperAdmin, I've never seen the "Customer Is Registered: " be modifiable. Always shows as a label of Yes or No.
    EMM for AspDotNetStorefront - Communicate effectively with your customers

I am on 7.1 and I don't see the Customer Is Registered as editable. Anything else I need to do to make that possible?

Thanks
    Franklin

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

As mike suggested the next way to change it would be the direct sql update of the customer records. You would need to make sure that only one record exists for the email address and set their isregistered = 1

Thanks everyone!