Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Change a Categories Parent Category

saltysupply is offline Junior Member

Default Change a Categories Parent Category

Im trying to change the parent category to 4 different categories on our website. However the new categories I built don't show up in the list...also the text hasn't updated in the admin area. Anyone have any ideas why I can't change or see the new categories in the mappings areas?

worldwidecorals.com is the website.

the parent categories finally updated but now im changing the mapping on individual products and its still showing the old category layout.

donttryathome is offline Senior Member

I believe I ran into this same problem.

If I remember right, the solution was to turn off caching, reset the cache, then turn caching back on. That fixed it and made all the current categories start appearing in the mapping list.

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That's correct, if you have caching enabled (CacheMenus AppConfig), mapping changes and some entity updates will not be reflected immediately on the front end. You can either restart the site in IIS, or wait for the CacheDurationMinutes AppConfig time to pass so the front-end cache renews and your changes will appear.

thanks I realized it did update after a long time. Fixed now.

Rob is offline Senior Member

We do cache these things for performance, as (usually) they are mostly setup with store setup and changed not very frequently thereafter (certainly not on every production site page load, which we optimize for).
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart