Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: sitemap question

mc9000 is offline Member

Question sitemap question

I set

SiteMap.ShowSections = false

and it continues to show the sections in the sitemap on the googleindex.asp page even after resetting the cache and a new browser.

Is there another setting somewhere I missed?
    Last edited by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott; 02-22-2010 at 06:46 PM.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Actually, the sitemap.ShowSections appconfig is for yoursite.com/sitemap2.aspx. However, if you really want that to trigger in googleindex.aspx you can follow the code below to edit the googleindex.aspx.cs.

from
    Code:
    Response.Write(AppLogic.SectionEntityHelper.GetEntityGoogleSiteMap(0, Localization.GetWebConfigLocale(), true, true));
    change it to
    Code:
    if (AppLogic.AppConfigBool("SiteMap.ShowSections"))
       {
           Response.Write(AppLogic.SectionEntityHelper.GetEntityGoogleSiteMap(0, Localization.GetWebConfigLocale(), true, true));
        }
    Note: I'm not sure if this is recommended, so you have to refer to google sitemap documentation.