Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: United Stated

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Default United Stated

Ok, this is way off the wall but we have had customers complain that they cant checkout. I finally narrowed it down to the fact that something was blowing up with their address during checkout. The actual error was something like "country is not in list of valid countries". Anyway, somehow customers are setting their country to United Stated rather than United States. I have no clue how this is possible as this comes from a dropdown. I checked the db and we had over 800 set that way. Thinking maybe it was a data import issue from when we first went live I just ran a query to set all countries to United States. BAM today we get a customer who can't checkout, I check her address and its United Stated ... run a query and we had 80 more like this just today.

How can the country be getting set improperly?

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Are you using PayPal or PayPal Express? There's a known issue that can do that under certain circumstances. You can contact support for a fix.