Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: remove wishlist from config?

smoreo is offline Member

Smile remove wishlist from config?

Is there a way to globally remove the wishlist feature without manyally removing the objects from the pages? Of cource, this will allow it to be easily turned back on. I checked the appConfigs and nothing seems to do that. Thanks in advance.

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

If you set the AppConfig ShowWishButtons to false, all you would need to do is remove/comment out the Wishlist link from the skin template. Customers could still navigate directly to wishlist.aspx but there wouldn't be anything for them to do/see there.

smoreo is offline Member

Default wishlist link in the template?

Can you explain in more detail about the template link? If you are talking about a master page thing or something that cascades it’s ok, but i can’t go to all the pages that have wishlist and change them manually... That will then be a pain if i ever want to use it. If that’s the case I will just rebuild the pages, add the param, and add logic to show or not but I was hoping that was done already

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

If you find this line in your template.ascx file:

C#/VB.NET Code:
    <class="wishlist" href="wishlist.aspx">Your Wishlist</a
    and comment it out:

C#/VB.NET Code:
    <!--<class="wishlist" href="wishlist.aspx">Your Wishlist</a>--> 
    It will no longer display the wishlist link at the top of the page!

Setting the AppConfig will remove the 'Add to Wishlist' button from product pages too!
    Last edited by Mike The Last Boyscout; 02-22-2010 at 01:22 PM.

smoreo is offline Member

Ahh, got it. Thanks!

S