Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Script to 'relate products' by SKU instead of ProductID

supergriff is offline Senior Member

Default Script to 'relate products' by SKU instead of ProductID

Could anyone reading this contact me ASAP if you are interested in modifying my relatedproducts.xml.config to use SKUs instead of productids.

Currently products can be 'related' to each other by entering the ProductID's in a comma separated list.

I need to be able to do this using the SKU.

Has anyone implemented this before? (i have a spreadsheet with all related SKUs in comma separated list)....
    Last edited by supergriff; 03-08-2010 at 07:06 AM.

mbertulli is offline Senior Member

The field in the Product table is a string field, so you should be able to just have a new XMLPackage created that can accomplish the split by SKU instead of ProductID.

I don't think we've done this, but it would be easy enough to build.

You'd need to create a modified version of aspdnsf_GetCustomersRelatedProducts at a minimum, and probably a good idea to create another XMLPackage along the lines of the stock standard relatedproducts.xml.config.
    Matthew Bertulli
    Demac Media
    mbertulli@demacmedia.com
    Custom Web Design & E-Commerce Development
    AspDotNetStoreFront Platinum DevNet Partner
    ----

Custom Skinning & Design
    Web Services Integration
    Custom Reporting
    Salesforce.com eCommerce AspDotNetStoreFront Integration

supergriff is offline Senior Member

Could anyone reading this contact me ASAP if you are interested in modifying my relatedproducts.xml.config to use SKUs instead of productids.