Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: memory is corrupt

ohiwantthat is offline Junior Member

Default memory is corrupt

I am getting this error on my website.

I reset the server but still get this error.

My website is www.ohiwantthat.com

Please take a look at the error and let me know of any suggestions.

Thanks

Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.

Source Error:

Line 220: {
    Line 221: this.components = new System.ComponentModel.Container();
    Line 222: }
    Line 223: #endregion
    Line 224: }

Source File: c:\Inetpub\Websites\ohiwantthat_com\App_Code\Globa l.asax.cs Line: 222

Stack Trace:

[AccessViolationException: Attempted to read or write protected memory. This is often an indication that other memory is corrupt.]
    AspDotNetStorefront.Global.InitializeComponent() in c:\Inetpub\Websites\ohiwantthat_com\App_Code\Globa l.asax.cs:222
    AspDotNetStorefront.Global..ctor() in c:\Inetpub\Websites\ohiwantthat_com\App_Code\Globa l.asax.cs:35
    ASP.global_asax..ctor() in c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temp orary ASP.NET Files\root\d79f363b\bb2351b6\App_global.asax.i0s6e 3jf.0.cs:0

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an invocation.]
    System.RuntimeTypeHandle.CreateInstance(RuntimeTyp e type, Boolean publicOnly, Boolean noCheck, Boolean& canBeCached, RuntimeMethodHandle& ctor, Boolean& bNeedSecurityCheck) +0
    System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceSlow(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean fillCache) +86
    System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(Boolean publicOnly, Boolean skipVisibilityChecks, Boolean fillCache) +230
    System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, Boolean nonPublic) +67
    System.RuntimeType.CreateInstanceImpl(BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +1051
    System.Activator.CreateInstance(Type type, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes) +111
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetSpecialApplic ationInstance(IntPtr appContext, HttpContext context) +215
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.FireApplicationO nStart(HttpContext context) +8878552
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.EnsureAppStartCa lled(HttpContext context) +136
    System.Web.HttpApplicationFactory.GetApplicationIn stance(HttpContext context) +92
    System.Web.HttpRuntime.ProcessRequestInternal(Http WorkerRequest wr) +289

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Looks like your host upgraded the Asp.net framework to 3.5 and you're running an old AspDotNetStorefront version. Read through the instructions in the KB provided above.