Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Image Filename Override

jamotion is offline Senior Member

Default Image Filename Override

I have Image Filename Override populated with the right name and see the file in the icon, medium and large image folder but the images are not showing up. What am I missing?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

This looks to be an old case-sensitive issue with XMLPackages. Open the XMLPackage you're using for your product display, search for ImageFileNameOverride and change it to ImageFilenameOverride. The only difference there is with the small n.

mongesc is offline Senior Member

I have a problem with our admin system. We have uploaded the category icon through the database. In the admin system, the images are there but it's not showing up in the website. I tried to update what you have suggested by changing "ImageFileNameOverride" to "ImageFilenameOverride". It still not showing up. Did I miss something ?

thanks

what version of the software you're using. I'm not aware of any other problem with images not showing up in the front-end except when using an ImageFilenameOverride. What particular XMLPackage you're using? What customizations do you have?

We are using the entity.filters.xml.config. We are using version AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2.

Thanks

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Try this with a stock XML package and see if it works there. We don't ship with any 'entity.filters.xml.config' packages

We tried both of the stock XML packages (entity.simpleproductlist.xml and entity.grid.xml). Both didn't work. Can you help suggest us another XML package we try?

Thanks

webopius is offline Senior Member

I could be wrong as it's been a while since I've used the stock xml packages but I think 'entity.table.expanded' was one of the stock XML packages that displays the icon image for all sub categories of the selected category being viewed.

It's in the SubCatCell template section at about line 174 of the file.

You'll need to view a parent category of the category you created an icon image for and see if it gets displayed correctly.

Adam

ceriwholesale is offline Member

HI Alfred, we have just filed a case NDV-899590 for this issue. Please help us to resolve it as we have hundreds of categories and the only way for the image to show up right now is to upload them one by one through the admin. thanks.

best regards,

Mong

Mong, that's great! Will look into this there.

MSD is offline Member

Default Images gone now back

Hey Mong

Had a similar problem and in a sleepy stupor I stumbled over something at 3am so forgive me if I lead you astray. Take the product images that are not showing up then change bluewidget.jpg to 25.jpg(product ID #). I did this and they showed up but I still wanted names for SEO and I wanted one entry and ftp not one by one uploads. I don't remember the exact sequence but I removed them from the folder and then deleted them in admin for each entry. Seems if I uploaded them individually just to test the function and later tried it with the override feature it still stayed looking for them individually. Only until I deleted each size in product #25 in admin did it allow me to go and use the override. It might of mattered that I deleted the test images I was trying but I am not sure. In the end with a clean head I blew away all the test images deleted my test products and without any one by one in the data-base ftp'd my own images with real names not numbers and used file override.... it worked.

Maybe related but once I name a new product Widget TEST, changing it later to Widget With Speed Wrap the alt tag for the Products Listing page stays Widget TEST. Haven't even tried to figure that one out yet... V9

Hope this does not lead you astray but it worked for me... oh yeah don't put a .jpg at the end
    Last edited by MSD; 05-28-2010 at 09:07 PM.
    Started V8 switched half way to V9 /// I need a V9 Forum

AspDotNetStorefrontML 9.0.1.3/9.0.1.3 AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2