Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: What happened to the DNN version?

wroyal is offline Junior Member

Default What happened to the DNN version?

Hi,
    I'm using the DNN version for my eCommerce site, and while browsing the website and the support forum I can find no reference to this product. What happened? Has it been discontinued? Shouldn't customers who are using this product be notified, and given support/upgrade/migrate options?

Thanks
    Warren

www.Bobbleheads.com

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

At this time, we are not selling new installations of the AspDotNetStorefront ML/DNN (For DotNetNuke) product. After conducting a thorough review of looming industry and payment compliance requirements such as PA-DSS, along with changes which have occurred within the DotNetNuke Corporation itself, and the costs and efforts associated with continually updating such an extensive codebase to maintain compatibility with frequent DNN releases, we have determined that it is best not to initiate new installations at this time.

While we worked VERY closely with the DotNetNuke CTO prior in creating our ML/DNN version, we do not see a way and path forward in working with DotNetNuke at this time, primarily due to PA-DSS payment requirements, which we have been among the earliest shopping cart supporters of.

As always, we will continue to support our existing ML/DNN customers by providing support and maintenance services through December 31st, 2010, as well allowing existing ML/DNN customers to crossgrade to AspDotNetStorefront ML or ML/64 Bit at no additional charge during that period. Additionally, existing customers requiring ML/DNN functionality on a go-forward basis will be able to purchase the source code for the ML/DNN product, allowing them to indefinitely maintain the platform utilizing their own development resources, with all source code provided.

Default DNN version discontinued

Okay, fair enough. But why were existing customers not informed? Why have those support forums just disappeared from the community forum website, without any explanation? This is a product that some of us have invested thousands of dollars into, and I don't understand how you could make a decision like this without some form of communication to your paid customers.

My website was even one of the DNN showcase sites shown on the main website. But now I see that's been removed also.

Warren
    www.Bobbleheads.com

Default One more question

One more question - you state that there is a crossgrade path - but is there a means of transferring the data? The last time I spoke to an AspDotNetStorefront representative he said that there was not. That would make a mandatory crossgrade quite difficult, wouldn't it?

Thanks
    Warren
    www.Bobbleheads.com

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Our support team can get you a link the forums. Give them a shout Regarding a data migration, it depends on what you want to migrate. Products and Entities would not be too bad. Customers are a bit more difficult since this is tied in with DNN user logic, but still not terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Mike View Post
    Additionally, existing customers requiring ML/DNN functionality on a go-forward basis will be able to purchase the source code for the ML/DNN product, allowing them to indefinitely maintain the platform utilizing their own development resources, with all source code provided.
    "All source code provided" - does this include the licensing code which prevents us from changing the domain name attached to our site? It would be very difficult to indefinately maintain the platform without that.

Thanks
    Warren

Rob is offline Senior Member

no, we do not provide our licensing code, you could contact our support dept to get a different key if you ever needed. Thanks.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Can someone please answer my question of why current DNN version customers are not being notified that this product has been discontinued, and will not longer be supported after the end of this year?

Thanks
    Warren

Rob is offline Senior Member

The product was discontinued because, frankly DNN is a disaster to work with...sorry. It's never fun to EOL a product...especially one we tried to make a success with for 3 years.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart