Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Visited Hyperlink Problems

ITL is offline Junior Member

Question Visited Hyperlink Problems

Hi, I'm new to this site so bear with me. We have a hyperlink on our site that has an issue once it's clicked. Before it's clicked, it is blue in color. But once it has been clicked it turns white, which is the same color of the background of the page. So once you return to the page, the link appears to have...disappeared.

Here's what it looks like before it's clicked:

Here's what it looks like after:

We're using AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2. I've looked through the css files but can't find where to fix this. I found the actual text in the string resource manager so I can change the text but I can't change the colors after it's been clicked and such. Can someone tell me how to fix this?

Thanks,

-Murjan

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Check with whoever did your skin design to see if they changed anything with the 'a:active, a:link, a:visited' styles or with that element specifically. We don't put any specific style information on that link so it should be using those defaults.

ITL is offline Junior Member

Smile Fixed it.

One of my genius co-workers figured out the solution. He found that we just need to "comment out" this line in stylee.css:

}
    .prod_subcat_box_bg a:link, a:visited{
    /* color:#FFFFFF; */
    text-decoration:none;
    }

The /* and the */ are what comment out the line and put the link back to default setting. I didn't recognize the prod_subcat_box_bg as being what controlled that New Members link. So now the colors stay the same even when the link is visited. The style.css is located in our skin_1 folder.

Thanks for the help.

-Murjan