Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: inventory controls not working

iberniztok is offline Junior Member

Exclamation inventory controls not working

Our site has been working great but just recently the inventory control started acting up. All the variants for a particular item have an inventory count of 0 but for some reason, some customers are still placing orders for it.

How can this happen? I believe there are multiple checks against inventory control before the final gateway transaction? Our site even disables the add to cart button on the product page when that variant is out of stock so I dont know how this is possible. I then thought maybe they added it to their cart and that it was cached on their system so would that be it? even if that were it, right before the final transaction it would check against inventory again?

Another possibility would be if a customer added the product to their wistlist before the item went out of stock.. and then the customer moves the product from their wishlist to the cart?

Please help.

Thanks

i think it might have to do with the cache setting turned on. is there a way to have the cache setting on and inventory control to work more precisely, concurrently? When the cache was on, and i manually changed the inventory to 0, and refreshed the product page, i was still able to select the item. Would this be a server setting?

thanks.

actually i was just informed that the product was out of stock back in Nov. so it was definately not a cache issue? back to square one...

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

What version is this? I assume you were setting Inventory.LimitCartToQuantityOnHand to true? Actually, I don't heard of anything like this occurring before.

we resolved the issue. Just wanted to post my fix for this. We did not know that a force refund credits it back into inventory. thanks for the quick response!

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Yep, the stored proc aspdnsf_AdjustInventory will be called once a force refund is performed.