Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Google ECommerce Tracking

baba is offline Senior Member

Default Google ECommerce Tracking

Hi,

We have enabled google ecommerce site in our website. The problem is half of the orders are shown in the google commerce and half dont appear to pick it up.

I have faced similar issues for our non-storefront sites, and it turns out to be if you have an single quotes (') in the product name then google commerce dont pick up the orders.

Interestingly all the storefront orders that google was not able to pick up had single quotes in their product names. Is this a bug in storefront?

If so did anyone have a fix for this?

Thanks
    Baba
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

Sorry ... it's product with double quotes break...

below is the javascript....

pageTracker._addItem("101270","89503",""Moose Camp" Coloring Tote Bag","Tote Bags","7.50","1");

How do we fix this issue??
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

StorageSolutions is offline Member

Question

We have the same issue - any order containing an item w/ quotes in the name (ie. 9" x 6") are not getting picked up.

Thanks!
    ML 8.0.1.2

Hey go to the order confirmation page and on the RenderContents function it calls an applogic function GetGoogleEComTrackingV2. Customize this function to your needs.

Thanks
    Baba
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

Quote Originally Posted by baba View Post
    Customize this function to your needs.
    Can you elaborate a little more? I've located this in the orderconfirmation.aspx.cs file but can't see where I could customize it.

Thanks for all your help!
    -David
    ML 8.0.1.2

On the order confirmation page, go to the RenderContents function.

There you would see the code "writer.Write(AppLogic.GetGoogleEComTrackingV2(Thi sCustomer, true));"

This function returns the google ecommerce javascript. You can either customize this function in your applogic.cs file or call your own version on the same page, to replace the double quotes.
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

Quote Originally Posted by baba View Post
    On the order confirmation page, go to the RenderContents function.

There you would see the code "writer.Write(AppLogic.GetGoogleEComTrackingV2(Thi sCustomer, true));"

This function returns the google ecommerce javascript. You can either customize this function in your applogic.cs file or call your own version on the same page, to replace the double quotes.
    Thanks again for your response. It appears the source code is needed to make the changes you suggested however we don't have the source code.

I'm surprised the no one from ASPDNSF has chimed in here cause like baba asked in his first post I'm thinking this fits the characteristics of a bug in ASPDNSF.

Anyone else have an idea or fix?

Thanks,
    David
    ML 8.0.1.2

Question

TO ASPDNSF-

1st - Is this a bug?
    2nd - Do I need the source to make the changes baba suggested?
    3rd - Is there another way to fix this problem?

Thanks!
    ML 8.0.1.2

it is really disheartening that no one from ASPDNSF has responded to my questions.
    ML 8.0.1.2

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

I am not sure if it is a known bug, I will have to look into it more.

You would need source to change the applogic, or you could just add another method in the orderconfirmation.aspx.cs that you use to replace the double quotes as Baba mentioned.

The only other way I can think of is to add the script back into a topic and call the topic like it used to be done in past versions.