Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Editing the Customer Receipt

chris-user is offline Member

Post Editing the Customer Receipt

About a week ago, I found an AppConfig that allowed me to add a "header" to the receipt emailed to the customer. I need to make some modifications to the header and can no longer find the AppConfig where I entered the information...any ideas?

this is how it looks...

MyCharmedLife Receipt
    *** PLEASE PRINT RECEIPT OUT AND RETAIN IT FOR FUTURE REFERENCE ***

*****S P E C I A L N O T E S*****

Assembly: Charms are attached FREE of charge. If a bracelet, pin, etc. has been ordered ALL charms will be attached, UNLESS specifically requested not to do so or for multiple bracelets, specify which charms attach to which bracelets. Contact info@mycharmedlife.com or 888-548-3484 if you did not include any instruction with your order and you desire something different.

Gold: Due to a fluctuating gold market, gold charm prices may not be current. As per the information found on the home page, orders placed online are subject to change. Final price will be confirmed upon order receipt.

14kt yellow gold charms are custom created and take approximately 2-4 weeks for delivery. If you ordered a bracelet, we will hold and assemble with other silver charms unless you request otherwise.

Shipping Label: Since many orders are intended as gift and for security reasons, the shipping label will show the return address as "Customer Service, LGZ, Inc and NOT MyCharmedLife.

Order Number 100001
    Customer ID 58669
    Order Date 2/18/2010 12:46:44 PM

Thanks for your help!

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

The AppConfig on the old receipts is called "ReceiptHeader". You can also create a topic called ReceiptHeader and use that.

- Dan
    Last edited by DanV; 02-18-2010 at 06:16 PM. Reason: Didn't see the receipt header topic in the new receipt XML package

Default not sure what you mean

Hi Dan,

Thanks for replying...however I'm not sure why you are differentiating between old receipt and new receipt? My store is in the test mode and just trying to get the info corrected before we go live next week.

Thanks,

Chris

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

If you are just going live now, then you almost certainly are not using the old receipt format. In your case, go to Content -> Manage Topics in the admin site, and look for (or create) a topic called ReceiptHeader. That will display on either the new or old receipt, and is multi-language friendly, easier to edit, etc.

Default Thanks Dan!

Thanks for the help!

Chris