Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Configuration error

groupnow is offline Junior Member

Default Configuration error

I am getting an error in my configuration file for authorization. Cannot find any issues on this in the forums so far. Can somebody enlighten me on this please?

Server Error in '/' Application.
    Configuration Error
    Description: An error occurred during the processing of a configuration file required to service this request. Please review the specific error details below and modify your configuration file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS.

Source Error:

Line 175: </customErrors>
    Line 176: <!-- AUTHENTICATION: Sets the authentication policies of the application. Possible modes are "Windows", "Forms", "Passport" and "None" -->
    Line 177: <authentication mode="Forms">
    Line 178: <forms name="ASPDNSFGUID" loginUrl="SignIn.aspx" timeout="525600" />
    Line 179: </authentication>

Source File: D:\AspDotNetStorefront\Web\web.config Line: 177

Show Additional Configuration Errors:

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\AspDotNetStorefront\Web\web.config line 190)

It is an error to use a section registered as allowDefinition='MachineToApplication' beyond application level. This error can be caused by a virtual directory not being configured as an application in IIS. (D:\AspDotNetStorefront\Web\web

I am loading a test site locally to get started and the database is set up ok pass through is checked ok but am getting a warning on the access path which I see from on here is normal when working locally.

Thank you in advance!

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

Please take a look at this KB article. It could be one of two issues, both of which are outlined on that page.

I saw that I am running 6.1 and only have the root directory in there.

Seems everything I am looking at I run into a wall here.

Any other Ideas??

I have seen that thread but everything checks out ok.

Is there any other possibilities???

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

Those items in the KB article are the only things we're aware of to cause this. You may want to submit a ticket to our support team to have them look into this a bit further!