Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customer is NOT Registered anymore? What Happend?

hjavaher is offline Member

Default Customer is NOT Registered anymore? What Happend?

Hi all,
    I have a situation going on, One of my customers used to be registered and has had orders in the past but now she called us and said she can't get into her account. We immediately though she forgot her password and has locked her account so we reset her password and when we were checking to see if the account is locked or not I noticed that it says (Customer Is Registered: No) I have seen this in the past but always it was for new accounts and the only thing we would need to do was to delete the account and create a new one. for her we can not do that since she has had orders in the past and want to keep that history. How can I fix this? anyone else has had this problem? can I somehow change this to a YES using SQL?

Thank you,
    Hiva Javaher

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I dont know the exact column spelling but it would be like this

update customer set isregistered = 1 where email ={her email)

or you could use the customerid in the where clause

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

isregistered is the correct column name,

I am curious though do you have anonymous checkout or did you in the past. That can sometimes cause this issue.

hjavaher is offline Member

Thanks ssgumby and John,
    No We have never had anonymous checkout on this site. Actually this one is one of our sites that are for wholesalers only so you would have to have an account to even do anything or see anything in there.

Thanks for your help,
    Hiva

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

Which version are you on? Are there any customizations made to the core. This might need to be looked into.

Tek7 is offline Senior Member

I have a customer complaining about this as well, I thought it was a mistake but it's happened about 5 times so far. I set Registered to 1 for anyone with an email and a password, hoping that fixes it for now. V 7.25

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

send into support so we can take a look further. thanks