Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Login Issue

Fean0r is offline Senior Member

Default Login Issue

I'm having some issues logging into my admin panel.

When I try my login, which is remember by my browser and has been working all week, I get this message:

Invalid Login
    I have not made any changes to my users or my account.

When I try to use the password recovery (forgot pass) I get:

There is no registered user with that e-mail address!
    I have connected to the database where I can see my account and I cant see any reason why it can't access my account.

Has anyone got any suggestions?
    Version: ML 8.0.1.2 and No Source Code.

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

You can try running this query against the database in SQL Studio Management Console to reset your admin credentials.

*Please ensure that you have a full, functioning backup before making any code modifications or file changes to your AspDotNetStorefront website, or running any ad-hoc queries against your database. Improperly making code modifications or running queries against your database can cause your website to be non-functional and/or your data to be permanently lost. As part of your disaster recovery plan, you should make regular backups of all files and data, and perform periodic checks to ensure your backups function properly. If you are not sure if your data is adequately protected, contact an IT professional or your hosting provider for assistance.

Thanks for the info, I think this is a bug (I will test further).

When I tried using my admin email during checkout (as a customer who didnt want to register) my proper accout was effected (even though I got a message to say this email is currenly in use).

I don't know if this is a known issue but like I mentioned I will test this again today and post back.

I used the below code to get my account back.

UPDATE [Customer]
    SET [IsRegistered] = 1
    WHERE [Email] = 'YOUR EMAIL'

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If you are allowing anonymous customers to checkout and setting AllowCustomerDuplicateEMailAddresses to true, that's an expected behavior. You shouldn't re-use your registered email in that matter. Why would you checkout as anon where you already have an account registered for that email? I understand that you were just testing it, but you should have used different mail, not admin email.

I currently have AllowCustomerDuplicateEMailAddresses false (I will change this later), and why would get give me the error this email is already in use then still make changes to the user in the database?

That makes no sense at all to me so surely it's a bug?

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

I believe, if AllowCustomerDuplicateEMailAddresses was set to true and you were trying to use an email which is already existing in the DB you'll get that error (email is already in used), and the software won't allow you to continue unless you change it to another email. I don't see anything from the code that would make any changes to the DB once that is fired, no.