Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Custom Image "Alternate Text" tag

Upscale_Automotive is offline Senior Member

Question Custom Image "Alternate Text" tag

Can someone advise on setting the image alternate text on the product pages? By default it is "Click here to view larger" and ideally I would like to be able to set it to the product name/title automatically for each product. I took at a look at some xml packages, but must be missing something. Thanks in advance!

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

What version are you using?

Our 8.x releases include an "Alt Text" field on the product Search Engine tab. Please see this page from our online manual for more information on it!

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Mike View Post
    What version are you using?

Our 8.x releases include an "Alt Text" field on the product Search Engine tab. Please see this page from our online manual for more information on it!
    Awesome, I am using v8 and have been using this feature without knowing it. I just was noticing my older products and didn't notice I didn't populate that tag for them. Thanks for the info!

muro01 is offline Junior Member

Default How to remove "click here to view"

Hi,
    I am using the alt text on all my images but it is still showing the "Click here to view large" and i would like to show the alt text

How can i do it?

I am using ML 8.0.0

Thanks

I actually found that some XMLPackages don't have support for this built in and some do. For instance my variantsinrightbar package never pulled the AltText to begin with and also did not reference it in the image section. I found another XMLPackage that did reference $AltText and was able to make the changes I needed based on that example.