Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Generated passwords not being recognised

deanfp is offline Senior Member

Default Generated passwords not being recognised

When a customer has forgotten their password they are sent a new generated password.

None of these ever work, I've created a test user account and get the same error message. Has anyone else had this problem and if so how did you get around it? We are currently changing the password manually which is fine. But there must be something that is wrong.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Which version of AspDotNetStorefront are you running? Have you modified the NewPwdAllowedChars appconfig parameter at all?
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

I agree, I personally cannot reproduce it but we have 10-15 customers a week right now that are furious. Every email goes like this.

I am so frustrated, I tried to login and checkout but your system won't recognize my login info. I know its correct but yet I still can't get in. I clicked forgot password and got a new one but your system won't accept that either.

Im on 8.0.12

DanV is offline Ursus arctos horribilis

Check your NewPWDAllowedChars AppConfig. If there are a bunch of special characters in there, some may be getting nuked by the customer's mail client or the xml package that generates the notifications. Our recommended setting is:

abcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 23456789~!@#$%&*

deanfp is offline Senior Member

That is what we have as the value

The description is

"passwords via efghijkmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ2345 6789~!@#$%&*the request new password function on the signin page"

I take it is does not matter what we have in there?

Our value is

abcdefghijkmnopqrstuvwxyzABCDEFGHJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ 23456789~!@#$%&*

I'm on 7.1.1.0

Dimmer is offline Member

We are on the same version and get regular complaints, a manual reset seems to be the only way around this.

I am thinking it may be a caching issue or the new password not being re seeded for encryption
    Alan
    Version (Code/DB): AspDotNetStorefront ML 7.1.0.0/7.1.1.0 - with modifications
    www.stuff-uk.net

wesinomaha is offline Junior Member

Did anyone find a resolution to this issue? I too have had frequent problems with the password reset not working and very frustrated customers.

Seems to me a common issue, someone at ASPDNSF must have knowledge of the issue. App config is setup as it is supposed to be and running 7.1.0.0.

Any help appreciated!!

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

One of the possible things to check for is to see if the user is set as isregistered. If they are not that would be the source of the problem. Other then that we would probably need to take a look at your case in support.