Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: iphone

brianperry is offline Member

Default iphone

I’m trying to get a feel for the communities desire for an ASPDNSF iPhone app, we are developing one for our company right now and are considering also selling it to other owners. It will be very close to the one that Amazon has. If you are interested in such an app please respond with the payment gateway you us (it takes about 80 hours to develop each gateway connection) if there is enough interest we will most likely do the 5 most used gateways. Also what is it worth? We are targeting ML version 9.0, so I’m not sure if it will work for multi store because I haven’t seen the database structure.

you can email me if you have any questions, brian@supermart.com

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Im very interested, I would like to do one myself but haven't the time. I would be wanting authorize.net gateway.

Things i'd like to see.

1. Account login with quick reorder
    2. View account history, track shipments
    3. Some type of simple browse/search with add to cart functionality.

Not sure what it is worth, I guess it depends on what you have in it and how many people are interested.

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

I know that the staff here at AspDotNetStorefront (many of us being iPhone users ourselves!) would love to see such a thing!

The app could even be designed to use this cool little gadget to allow card processing on-the-go!

Our most requested gateways would probably be (customers, feel free to correct me!):
    -Authorize.net
    -PayPal (Express, Website Payments Pro, Payflow Pro, etc.)
    -Chase Paymentech
    -Cybersource
    -Sage

Keep us informed on the progress!

Default Thanks Mike

I figured those would be the most common just wanted to make sure, the process has begun we are going to do it a few different ways. a lite version that would work like best buy's and B&N app where you do all the shopping on the app but when you checkout you are on a mobile version of the site. That makes us not have to develop all the gateway stuff for everyone. Then we will have a full version that all the processing is done in the app. I’m wondering if the 9.0 database structure changes there are for ML. We will need to know this before we can complete the app.

Default any other ideas?

Here is what we are thinking, any other ideas?

App flow for Supermart
    1) Welcome screen
    2) Product Search – this searches existing aspdotnetstorefront database
    a) One pull down for Search by category (including sku)
    b) Text box for entering item (this text box should behave just like the one on the site where it gives smart search results)
    c) Search results page
    3) Product page with add to cart
    4) Mobile cart – Shows the selected products with a checkout and a continue shopping button (which returns a customer to the product search)
    5) Checkout
    a) The checkout should take the customer to a login page (username should be saved in app)
    b) If new account, user info needs to be collected
    c) On login (if current customer, pass username and password; if new account, pass all information) the stored procedures on existing site need to be run to authenticate.
    d) User is then redirected to a framed webpage inside the app. The page is an existing mobile version of the website checkout page. The contents of the mobile cart need to be pushing into the web cart on this page.
    6) Wish List
    7) Order history with tracking and reorder

Rob is offline Senior Member

U might want to take a look at the free mobile skin/support we are doing in v9. that's a good comparison as any applet would also have to do things similarly.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Vortx is offline Junior Member

Post The Vortx Mobile Platform

We at Vortx have developed a Mobile plug-in for ASPDotNetStorefront. We decided to implement it as a web application so that it is not device dependent. Have a look at our demo here:

http://mobile.vortx.com/mobilego.aspx

And our product page here:

http://www.vortx.com/p-90-mobile-commerce-platform.aspx

We are also on the verge of releasing a “wrapper” iPhone application that simply shows your website through an iPhone app. This solution gives you as a store owner the visibility you are looking for while maintaining the best user experience for your customers.
    Our Mobile Platform does not offer all of the features requested above, but we are also an ASPDotNetStorefront Platinum Development Partner and would be happy to work with you to add these features.
    We also read with delight the ASPDotNetStorefront news that their own mobile-friendly skin implementation will be part of version 9, so it looks like we are all in agreement that ecomm really is going mobile. I think there is plenty of room in the market for us all to help online retailers sell on smart phones.

jamotion is offline Senior Member

Before you waste you time and money, make sure you can do this. I have an app out and Apple is tough on their requirements. Apples IN APP or app does not usually allow users to buy products from the application... Thats why Walmart or Gap has an informative app that does not allow you to purchase items.

At this point, you cant even create an app that can take money to donate money to your favorite charity, the closes thing is Causework, but thats not even cash.

BobSunrise is offline Junior Member

Default Still looking for "Mobile POS" app solution

We are still looking for iphone/ ipad app that would be used as a POS "KIOSK" at a physical store, placing orders into a adnsf store.