Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: iPhone

brianperry is offline Member

Default iPhone

I’m trying to get a feel for the communities desire for an ASPDNSF iPhone app, we are developing one for our company right now and are considering also selling it to other owners. It will be very close to the one that Amazon has. If you are interested in such an app please respond with the payment gateway you us (it takes about 80 hours to develop each gateway connection) if there is enough interest we will most likely do the 5 most used gateways. Also what is it worth? We are targeting ML version 9.0, so I’m not sure if it will work for multi store because I haven’t seen the database structure.

you can email me if you have any questions, brian@supermart.com

deanfp is offline Senior Member

I read that version 9 will be compatable with most phone browsers so would like to see how this fares first.

We currently get around 200 hits a week on Iphone so would be interested to see how your app goes.

brianperry is offline Member

Default any other ideas?

Here is what we are thinking, any other ideas?

App flow for Supermart
    1) Welcome screen
    2) Product Search – this searches existing aspdotnetstorefront database
    a) One pull down for Search by category (including sku)
    b) Text box for entering item (this text box should behave just like the one on the site where it gives smart search results)
    c) Search results page
    3) Product page with add to cart
    4) Mobile cart – Shows the selected products with a checkout and a continue shopping button (which returns a customer to the product search)
    5) Checkout
    a) The checkout should take the customer to a login page (username should be saved in app)
    b) If new account, user info needs to be collected
    c) On login (if current customer, pass username and password; if new account, pass all information) the stored procedures on existing site need to be run to authenticate.
    d) User is then redirected to a framed webpage inside the app. The page is an existing mobile version of the website checkout page. The contents of the mobile cart need to be pushing into the web cart on this page.
    6) Wish List
    7) Order history with tracking and reorder

ssgumby is offline Senior Member

Maybe add a dropdown browse by manufacturer?