Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: receipt for different locale

ceriwholesale is offline Member

Default receipt for different locale

Hello, right now my site is running with English and Chinese. I have translated the whole site already but how do i send out an order confirmation/receipt in Chinese when we have received an order from that locale? Thanks.

edwin

Rob is offline Senior Member

it should already be going out defaulted to the locale the customer was using when the order was created. Is that not happening?

e.g. we store the locale that the order was created in in the order table, so we default to that locale for convenience later (for receipts, etc)

If you want, what is the site url also? Always good to see now Chinese websites which are doing e-commerce
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart

Hi, thanks for the answer but i'm still a bit confused with the logics. So when a customer places an order in the Chinese locale he/she can get the receipt email in Chinese instead of the default English one? Where can i set that? I only see the notification.receipt.xml so i'm not sure where i can set the Chinese one.

Our site is still a work in progress but the url is www.eternalsparkles.com
    The Chinese locale is not done yet but you can see what we got so far by switching the dropbox at the bottom of the footer. thanks.

edwin

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Nice looking site.

If the customer places an order in Chinese locale, the receipt locale should be in Chinese as well, that's correct.

There's an information there on the receipt that specifies the 'locale/currency' he/she's using. You could also try to check the master locale of the customer under Customer -> View/Manage Customers, and click the customer name to view 'Account and Contact Info' page.

thanks for the comment. sorry i'm still a bit lost. if i want to create a chinese version of the receipt where should i go about in doing that? do i need to create a new notification.receipt-cn.xml or something like that? thanks.

edwin

Mike The Last Boyscout is offline User

What version of the software are you using?

In more recent versions, as part of the translation you did into Chinese, the strings that are included in the receipt also should have been translated. Therefore, you do not have to create a new version of the receipt for the Chinese translation. The initial receipt email that is sent out will be automatically localized into Chinese for that customer.

If the store admin has to send it manually later, or the shipping/download emails - those are always going to be in the admin's locale.

HI , we use 8012. oh so it is in the string file. ok now i understand. thank you.

If you can help, can you please also give me some suggestion regarding updating/adding products using excel import after a locale has been set?

the issue is when a different locale is added the category goes from "rings" to "<ml><locale=en_US>rings</locale><locale=zh_CN>戒指</locale></ml>"

so later on i wish to add products to this category using the excel import, under the "category1" column, but it will fail and crash the whole site if i put the <ml><locale=en_US>rings</locale><locale=zh_CN>戒指</locale></ml> as the category name. Right now i have to import the products without category and then manually assign them one by one using the admin. Any suggestion or workaround with this situation? thanks.

edwin

Try changing:
    <ml><locale=en_US>rings</locale><locale=zh_CN>戒指</locale></ml>
    to:

<ml><locale=en-US>rings</locale><locale=zh-CN>戒指</locale></ml>
    (In red, just changing the underscores to dashes.)

See if that works.

Hi Mike, unfortunately it's the same thing. looks like under the "category" columns we can't put characters such as "<" and i checked the database category table somehow it will create new categories like

"<"
    "ml>"
    "locale"

etc....

and thus crashed the whole site both in the front and back end. And if i just put "rings" instead of the new "<ml......rings....</ml>" format under the category1 column it will just create a new category "rings" in the database.

right now my process is
    1) manually create a category in admin so in the database it will be "<ml...rings..</ml>"
    2) import product via excel without any category information
    3) after import then i have to assign the products one by one or i have to goto the database and assign it via query

thanks.

edwin

Yes it looks like it is a limitation of the Excel Product import in that you cannot do multi-lingual imports using that method.

My apologies!

For that, I may recommend you use the WSI (web service) as it will allow you to handle importing multi-lingual categories, etc.

Thank you Mike for the suggestion.

Is there any 3rd party software that can help us with this WSI tool? the thing is i'm not familiar with web service or XML therefore if there is a software out there that can work with it will be great, tx.

edwin

I'm not aware of any 3rd party tools available, but you could contact our DevNet Partners to help you and they can custom develop an app to make WSI import easier! They love this kind of thing!

tito is offline Senior Member

Hi I am after a similar thing having a different receipt for different locals I understand the translation is done via the local strings but how about if i would like to have a different layout per local.. Can this be done?

example . being our home currency is GBP and our secondary is AUD I would like the AUD receipts to show the exchange rate to the bottom explaining the exchange rate that was used.

I have this code which works fine but displays on both the GBP (which would not make sense to have) and the AUD which is appropriate.

Code:
    <header>
    <name>

<xsl:value-of select="'Exchange: '" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    </name>
    <value>
    <xsl:value-of select="receipt:FormatCurrencyWithoutCurrencyCode(1.00)"  disable-output-escaping="yes" /><xsl:value-of select="' Pound Sterling'" disable-output-escaping="yes" /> = <xsl:value-of select="receipt:FormatCurrencyWithoutCurrencyCode(1.00,'AUD')"  disable-output-escaping="yes" /><xsl:value-of select="' Australian Dollars'" disable-output-escaping="yes" />
    							</value>
    						</header>
    any ideas ..
    Thank you as always ..
    Gordon