Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Product page

r_bachar is offline Junior Member

Default Product page

Hello,

I'm keep on getting the following msg evry time i am trying to log on to the category / products in the administrator interface:
    Server Error in Application "DEFAULT WEB SITE/ASPDOTNETSTOREFRONT"
    HTTP Error 404.4 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for does not have a handler associated with it.

Detailed Error Information
    Module IIS Web Core
    Notification MapRequestHandler
    Handler Exececute Xml Package
    Error Code 0x8007007b
    Requested URL http://localhost:80/AspDotNetStoreFr...ry&parentid=11
    Physical Path C:\AspDotNetStorefront\admin\execpackage.aspx
    Log on Method Forms
    Log on User 25954be4-9c83-45c1-908f-0caf9220b54b

I wanted to know if theres a way to overcome it. I've allready reinstalled the store front (!)
    Last edited by r_bachar; 02-16-2010 at 06:07 AM.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

Do you have IIS set up to verify that a file exists before serving it? execpackage.aspx isn't a physical page on the site...it's served via an http handler so you'll need to make sure that option in IIS is unchecked. Also, make sure that you do NOT have the admin folder set up as a virtual directory or an application in IIS...only the web directory needs to be set up like this.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

caraj is offline Member

Here is the exact error I see only when I click on products under the categories in the admin panel. Can someone tell me exactly where to change this setting in IIS?
    Thanks

Server Error in '/' Application.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The resource cannot be found.
    Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

Requested URL: /admin/execpackage.aspx

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:2.0.50727.4200; ASP.NET Version:2.0.50727.4016

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

If you're on IIS 6, you can find it in Virtual Directory/Home Directory tab -> Configuration -> Mappings -> Edit -> "check that file exists".

In IIS 7, go to Handler Mappings -> Edit -> Request permission. "check that file exists" is the same as "Invoke handler only if request is mapped".

caraj is offline Member

Hi Alfred and thanks for helping here
    Just so I am clear on this because I cant figure out where to find this. (i am using iis7)

IIS7->servername->sites->mydomain.com->handler mappings
    But in handler mappings, which file am I clicking "edit" on?

Thanks very much..

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    If you're on IIS 6, you can find it in Virtual Directory/Home Directory tab -> Configuration -> Mappings -> Edit -> "check that file exists".

In IIS 7, go to Handler Mappings -> Edit -> Request permission. "check that file exists" is the same as "Invoke handler only if request is mapped".