Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Zero Cart total in PayPalNotification.cs

duke is offline Junior Member

Default Zero Cart total in PayPalNotification.cs

Hi guys...

I have setup my store using paypal. The problem is, I found cart.total() is zero when paypal send the request back to paypalnotification.cs
    it should be enable to create the order within paypalnotification.cs since I found Gateway.MakeOrder() in paypalnotification.cs

so currently the order only created in paypalok.cs, this is quite worry to my customer, because the customer have to hit "back to merchant" button while paying the order. as you know sometimes customer forget to hit back this button. so they are charged but the order failed to be created.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

There are 2 ways to handle that:
    1. You can enable PayPal’s forwarding service on your PayPal account. This will try to redirect customers back to your site once they are done with PayPal. This is configured on PayPal’s end.
    2. You can use PayPal’s Instant Notification Service. This sends a notification of completed orders to your storefront, without redirecting the customer there.

Refer to this KB for full details.

duke is offline Junior Member

Default where is the order created?

Thanks for replying my question Alfred. I use IPN. So the notification will be sent to paypalnotification page. I tried to take a look on my paypalnotification page, then I found this following comment:

[ASP]
    // Order won't exist yet if they never followed the link from paypal back to the store.
    if (ExistingOrderNumber == 0)
    [ASP]

is it mean the store will create the order after customer pressing "Back to merchant" button?

then I sinked more in paypalnotification page. I found that cart.total() in paypalnotification page produce zero total, even I already have the Customer ID. Meanwhile I have tried in another page the output of cart.total(). it's fine

so my question is in which page the order created? and why did I get zero total for cart.total() in paypalnotification page?

FYI, I'm using this version 7.1.0.0
    Regards

Last edited by duke; 02-16-2010 at 12:42 AM. Reason: typo

Rob is offline Senior Member

v7.1? eeks. that's very ancient now...you may have to send this into support (they will nag you to upgrade also) LOL
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart