Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Tracking Inventory by Color ONLY or Size ONLY

tommytl is offline Member

Default Tracking Inventory by Color ONLY or Size ONLY

I notice there was a column in the products table that allows to track inventory by color only and not size (and vice versa). Is this still supported? I did not find it in the product edit page.

I'm running v8.0.1.2

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Absolutely. Refer to this manual.

Hi Alfred, thanks for the reply.

The manual states that you can track by size AND color. I have both size and color options configured for my product however, I want the shopping cart to track the inventory by size only and not color. It seems to always give me a matrix of both size and color combinations.

In the database product table, there are columns named:
    TrackInventoryBySizeAndColor
    TrackInventoryBySize
    TrackInventoryByColor

So it seems like it can be done but I just can't find where I can enable inventory tracking by ONLY size.

Jao is offline Senior Member

Could you please try to manually update the TrackInventoryByColor to 0, leaving only the TrackInventoryBySize to 1 via SQL Server Management Studio? Let's see about the result...

Manually setting it in the db does not work. Ordering items doesnt affect the db inventory when doing this. I wonder if this feature is still supported. If not wouldn't that be a degradation in the shopping cart giving it less flexibility??