Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: hover over image to change

caraj is offline Member

Default hover over image to change

I searched but couldn't find anything about this

How are they changing the image just by hovering over it? then click view larger to display it larger

http://www.shoemetro.com/p-451-puma-...lver-mens.aspx

Thanks

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

That's handled by UseRolloverForMultiNav parameter in the appcofing, you can set that to true.

caraj is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Alfred View Post
    That's handled by UseRolloverForMultiNav parameter in the appcofing, you can set that to true.
    THanks ALfred it worked great!

Joe Cline is offline Junior Member

Has anyone else noticed this doesn't work in firefox but does in IE? I'm an admitted javascript newbie, but if anyone has found a way to make it work in firefox I'd like to know!

--Joe

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

The feature UseRolloverForMultiNav works across all browser. Haven't heard anyone having the same issue with you. what version of the software you're on?

AspDotNetStorefront ML 8.0.1.2/8.0.1.2. Hosted by ChannelAdvisor. A URL to try if you are interested is:

http://www.choppermonkey.com/p-4724-...8222-10vw.aspx

--Joe

The feature UseRolloverForMultiNav works across all browser. Haven't heard anyone having the same issue with you. what version of the software you're on?

Can anyone at least confirm what I'm seeing is true? That it doesn't work in Firefox? Or am I completely losing my mind?

webopius is offline Senior Member

Joe

You are not losing your mind. I've just looked at the choppermonkey site using Firefox on a Mac and you are correct, the rollover is not working.

The error is on this line where Firefox thinks the 'divProductPicZ4724' is undefined:
    divProductPicZ4724.style.display='inline';

Safari and Google Chrome work fine.

Adam

Adam, thanks very much. Of course I hadn't even thought to look in Firefox's error console. Interesting that Safari, Chrome and IE work. Which could mean I have some bad html in there and Firefox is having none of it.

Thanks, I'm off with my fine-toothed comb. If I come across a fix I will post here.

--Joe

Quote Originally Posted by webopius View Post
    Joe

You are not losing your mind. I've just looked at the choppermonkey site using Firefox on a Mac and you are correct, the rollover is not working.

The error is on this line where Firefox thinks the 'divProductPicZ4724' is undefined:
    divProductPicZ4724.style.display='inline';

Safari and Google Chrome work fine.

Adam

tpmorgsls is offline Junior Member

I use jQuery in our install and that disabled some of the native JS in SF, particularly the image gallery material. Even using .noConflict(). That stuff needed to go anyway, so no big deal. But you may try removing your prototype.js references to see if that is stopping Firefox.

For galleries, I ended up making my own methods in the core/XSLTExtensions class and then calling those in my templates. I'd be glad to offer any advice you may need. The right approach for me is to not have any Javascript code in the c# classes and to rip out most of the logic checking (I don't need to support Express, don't care about most of the config settings, etc.). Then just assign a CSS class to your elements (I output the images an unordered list), and you can do whatever you want to them. Works for me anyway.