Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Saved Google Base Feed Name Not Equal To Desired FTP File Name

flammaaeterna is offline Member

Default Saved Google Base Feed Name Not Equal To Desired FTP File Name

I am having a problem with my Google Base Feed Auto-FTP. The name I put in the FTP Filename field is not what is stored in my /images/ directory. The file that ends up getting stored is saved with a suffix of '1_###' where ### is the number of products in the feed.

Example:
    (From Editing Feed Page) FTP Filename: GoogleBaseUpload.xml
    File saved in /images/: GoogleBaseUpload1_210.xml

This does not appear to be something I can set in the XML package for the Google Base feed, or any AppConfigs. Since Auto-FTP is looking for GoogleBaseUpload.xml to upload to Google, I get the error:

The remote server returned an error: (550) File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access).

Anyone else having this issue? If so, how did you fix it?

Matthew

Jao is offline Senior Member

Could you please tell us what version you're using? Actually, it's a feed pagination feature that we added to separate feed containing large amount of information. Appending the start and ending number of record. It only happens when the record exceeds 10000...

We are using 8.0.1.1. And we have something like 168 feed products for this particular feed. So '1_168' gets appended to the name I put in the FTP filename field and stored in the images directory, and, thus, doesn't match the FTP filename.
    Last edited by flammaaeterna; 02-15-2010 at 08:16 AM.

bundleshop is offline Junior Member

Default I have the same issue

I'm on v 8.0.1.1. We only have a few hundred products.

In addition, although I do get a saved xml filed in the images directory, StoreFront returns an error that the file can't be found:

NOTICE: File D:\*****\wwwroot\images\bfeed1_234.xml not found

Even though it saved bfeed1_234.xml successfully.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

Were you trying to auto-upload it into your ftp upon the feed generation? If so, send a ticket to support. thanks.

I'm suspecting this also broke the "Scheduled Upload" feature on Google Base, because it can't find the filename we enter. Anyone else using the Google Base scheduled upload?

VibeCommerce is offline Member

I just sent this same issue into support... I find this happens on feeds of any size. If we get to the bottom of it I will repost the findings. We haven't looked into the issue deep enough yet because we figured that support knows what is going on.

This is what Support said, and the illustration makes it clear now what is happening. I guess if you don't want this you'll have to customize the source:

The feed File name convention was implemented to support more than 20,000 Product Feeds. Maximum count of product feeds for one (1) data feed file is 20,000. So if you have 35,000 products, samplefeed.xml will be generated as follows.

samplefeed1_20000.xml
    samplefeed21000_35000.xml

One final thought on this... it would be nice if this feature triggered over 10k records like Jao says... but I just did a feed for 10 products and it the filename was googlebase1_10.xml

Were you able to auto-upload?

It's actually quite strange. A manual upload of the renamed file is fine. An auto upload of the file seemed to work fine earlier but now I'm getting this message from google:

On March 2, 2010 11:41:04 AM EST you uploaded to Google Merchant Center via FTP a file named "googlebase.xml", but you don't have a data feed registered with this name. Please verify that you provided the correct file name, including correct capitalization.

The file automatically sent was actually named googlebase1_10.xml.

I have many clients with working google feeds we've set up, but this one is puzzling.

This is why it is super critical for us to have that file, stored in images, simply be a constant name. It makes a manual process out of what used to be automatic. Google can't do a scheduled upload by looking for the file in our directory, and auto-upload may break on Google's end if you don't upload the right file (it is already broken on our end, but ASPDNSF says that it is our server).

If the file saved was the filename I asked it to be, we could at least have Google Base do the scheduled upload.

Support just sent me a fix for this for version 8012. Contact them to receive the update.

John Reasons is offline Senior Member

I have generated a change in the Feed for this issue on 8.0.1.2. As this is a custom change, which is not in the build no support can be provided. The feed is intended to split so as to prevent a timeout issue or memory issues which can occur with sites that have large numbers of products.

Customers using the 8.0.1.2 version who have current upgrade contracts may contact the support desk with their original order number and we will provide the necessary files.

Customers who are on ML 8.0.0.0 up to 8.0.1.2 or are on 8.0.1.2 but do not have current upgrade contracts may purchase a support incident at http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com/p...incidents.aspx and contact the help desk to obtain the update.

Please request the 'Feed File No Split update'.
    Last edited by John Reasons; 03-03-2010 at 07:55 AM.

bounce10 is offline Junior Member

Default Desired FTP File Name

I'm on 8.0.1.2 and need the ability to generate a feed with a consistent file name. Currently, the file name appends the # of products (i.e. googlefeed1_1865.xml). Can anyone point me in the right direction? I've heard a few people say that a fix exists and they have even received it. I opened a support ticket several months ago but was told no such fix existed (Ticket # THJ-529323). Thanks in advance for any help.