Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Offer codes to add Free Gifts into the Storefront Shopping cart

akeller is offline Member

Default Offer codes to add Free Gifts into the Storefront Shopping cart

I am looking to add the functionality for a customer to enter a code to add a Free Gift into the Storefront Shopping cart, preferably using a re-worked way storefront handles coupon codes.

I was wondering if anyone else has had this need? I have the source code and realize storefront does not do this out of the box. So this would need to be either a cannibalized version of the way coupons are handled or if there is some sort of plug in out there which I can purchase that would handle this situation.

So my questions are;

- Did/does anyone else have this need on their site?
    - Is there a plug-in anyone has found that could handle this?
    - If I were to customize the coupon handling code, what should I be cautious of and how would I integrate this with the admin page? So I could easily add a new coupon(gift item code) and input the SKU or ProductID of the free gift item?

Eager for some input.

johnm@fieldcompanies.com is offline Junior Member

Default Offer codes to add Free Gifts into the Storefront Shopping cart

We are interested in the same functionality. More specifically we are interested in having the coupon code trigger free shipping along with a free gift. It does not seem to be a stretch to have the coupon code trigger a free items. Perhaps this can be worked in as an update.

Thanks