Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Can I show a text field on Product Detail Page?

jungleau is offline Junior Member

Question Can I show a text field on Product Detail Page?

Hi Experts,

I'm trying to use ASPDotNetStoreFront to sell some software products. However, there is a product calld "Software Upgrade", which requires the customers to enter their current Serial Numbers before they click on "Buy It Now" button.

So, is there anyway to do it without modifing the source code?

Regards,
    Jungle

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

So if a customer go to the site and select "upgrade software" before showing the 'Buy Now' button, they need to enter their valid serial numbers, correct? Actually, there is nothing like that, but it shouldn't be hard to modify the source to do stuff like that.

webopius is offline Senior Member

Or... wouldn't it be possible to use a Kit Product type to implement this with the serial number fields within a 'serial numbers' group?

Before the product could be added to the cart, the customer would have to complete all details, the serial number info would get sent with the order.

Apart from a Custom XML template, no other code changes required.

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Or you could just use the required text field functionality already built in.....

TTFN

BFG