Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: List product ID numbers and SKUs?

skpr is offline Member

Default List product ID numbers and SKUs?

We're in the process of setting up our store for production, and are adding upsell products for everything in our store.

Is there any easy way to get a list of the internal product ID numbers that go with each product?

I was looking into doing a custom report to get me this information, but cannot find what the columns or tables are named.

Help would be appreciated!

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

That should be a really simple custom report to do, or even just a quick SQL query to run in Server Management Studio. All the Products are in the Products table, and the names of the columns are just as easy - ProductID and SKU.

skpr is offline Member

Thanks, Scott. I'm working off the custom reports page in the knowledge base (https://support.aspdotnetstorefront....barticleid=212) and have one more question.

The example custom report given is:

Code:
    INSERT INTO CustomReport (Name, Description, SQLCommand)
    VALUES ('Test Report', 'Test Description of our report', 'SELECT Email, BIllingZip FROM ORDERS')
    With the additional information you have given me, I have been able to fill out everything except "SQLCommand". What, exactly, is the store software looking for here?

Code:
    INSERT INTO CustomReport (listProductIDs, List all product names and IDs, SQLCommand)
    VALUES ('Product ID Report', 'List of All product IDs and SKUs', 'SELECT ProductID, SKU FROM PRODUCTS')
    Also, could you please let me know what the name for the product name/title column is?
    Last edited by skpr; 02-11-2010 at 02:05 PM.

ASPAlfred is offline Senior Member

SQLCommand is your specific query to retrieve records from the DB. For example, if you wan to retrieve all registered customers, you could put in there "Select CustomerID, FirstName, LastName, Email, Phone from Customer where IsRegistered =1".

The product name column is NAME, you can open the product table to see other product fields.

BFG 9000 is offline Senior Member

Quote Originally Posted by skpr View Post
    We're in the process of setting up our store for production, and are adding upsell products for everything in our store.

Is there any easy way to get a list of the internal product ID numbers that go with each product?

I was looking into doing a custom report to get me this information, but cannot find what the columns or tables are named.

Help would be appreciated!
    Probably easiest just to go to your store admin & then :-
    Products : Export Prices To Excel/Xml

TTFN

BFG