Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Timeout issue in admin reports

iberniztok is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Timeout issue in admin reports

Im having time out issues when i run a report in the admin panel. When i take the same query and run it inside ms sql, it is fine.

The error that comes up when i run is:
    Server Error in '/' Application.
    Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.
    Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Timeout expired. The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding.

have any of you experienced this? And if so how can this be fixed? I tried extending the connection timeout and execution timeout in ms sql but it doesnt seem to do anything.

Thanks for your help

Louie is offline Senior Member

Could you please check your Application Pool if it is has enough resources. Timeout expired is usually cause by not having enough memory. AspDotNetStorefront recommends a minimum application pool allowance of 125MB for reliable operation of AspDotNetStorefront. Larger site (those containing many products and entities, or site that receive large numbers of visitors over short time periods) may require considerably more memory. Users should contact their hosting provider or IT staff to determine if the environment can be made suitable to host the website.

iberniztok is offline Junior Member

We are hosting our cart with rackspace on a dedicated box with 4gigs of ram. Can you provide me with the setting configuration for iis 6?

TIA

prior to reading this message, i changed our report into an idatareader type and within the db.cs file i added a CommandTimeout property set to 0 to solve this issue as i couldnt find a place to set a commandtimeout for a getDS function.

THanks!

Rob is offline Senior Member

can you send into support also, i'd like our dev team to make sure they take a look into this there...they "sometimes" manage the forums, but sending this in will ensure it gets looked at. thx.
    AspDotNetStorefront
    Shopping Cart