Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Customizing category header / links in left menu?

skpr is offline Member

Default Customizing category header / links in left menu?

Right now, the left menu for our store looks like this:
    Name:  screen1.gif
Views: 324
Size:  11.4 KB

It's redundant, because you have to click on the first category to expand the Products and Information sections.

Is there any way to make the sections expand by clicking on the headers like [ Browse Products ]?
    Name:  screen2.gif
Views: 318
Size:  10.1 KB

Alternately, is there any way to style the level 1 categories to look like the headers? I know I can edit the headers in template.ascx but I can't find anywhere to apply a custom css class to a certain category.

Please let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here; it seems like there should be an easy way to do what I want, but I'm just not familiar enough with this software to figure it out yet.

Thanks!
    Last edited by skpr; 02-10-2010 at 10:09 AM.

George the Great is offline Senior Member

<a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>

skpr is offline Member

That's interesting, but not exactly what I'm looking for.

I still want the level 2 categories to be hidden until they click on the header (like [ Browse Products ] or [ Browse Information ] in the images), or on the styled level 1 category.

We have too many level 2 categories for having them all show up all the time to really be a feasible solution.

My question still stands. Is there any way to either:

• Make the headers ([ Browse Products ] and [ Browse Information ]) into links that will show the level 2 categories, OR
    • Remove the headers, and apply custom CSS to the level 1 categories so they LOOK like the headers?

asker is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by skpr View Post
    Right now, the left menu for our store looks like this:
    Name:  screen1.gif
Views: 324
Size:  11.4 KB

It's redundant, because you have to click on the first category to expand the Products and Information sections.

Is there any way to make the sections expand by clicking on the headers like [ Browse Products ]?
    Name:  screen2.gif
Views: 318
Size:  10.1 KB

Alternately, is there any way to style the level 1 categories to look like the headers? I know I can edit the headers in template.ascx but I can't find anywhere to apply a custom css class to a certain category.

Please let me know if I'm barking up the wrong tree here; it seems like there should be an easy way to do what I want, but I'm just not familiar enough with this software to figure it out yet.

Thanks!
    Would you mind telling me how to do this type of left menu? Thanks.