Important Notice from AspDotNetStorefront
It is with dismay that we report that we have been forced, through the action of hackers, to shut off write-access to this forum. We are keen to leave the wealth of material available to you for research. We have opened a new forum from which our community of users can seek help, support and advice from us and from each other. To post a new question to our community, please visit: http://forums.vortx.com

Thread: Admin Module Add Product not working?

baba is offline Senior Member

Default Admin Module Add Product not working?

HI,

In the admin module I try to add a product under a category... the product gets added and the left nav in the admin menu refreshes.

I see the added products in the left nav in firefox, but i dont see that in IE8. My IE doesn;t show the added or deleted products in the left nav eventhough they are updated in the DB. Either i need to press reset cache a couple of times or log off from the admin module a couple of times to make it work. This one happens only in IE8. Firefox, chrome, are fine & show the added/deleted product in the admin left nav.

Does anyone have the fix for this? My client uses only IE and i am stuck here..
    i even tried to call the restartapps function once the product is added but nothing worked in IE.
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott's Avatar
    AspDotNetStorefront Staff - Scott is offline Administrator

Try switching IE to compatibility mode (the little icon just to the right of the address bar). I haven't seen that one in particular, but IE8 has all kinds of issues.

baba is offline Senior Member

Switching to compatabile mode didn't fix this issue.
    Take Care

B-A-B-A

George the Great is offline Senior Member

You'd probably have to reset the cache/cookies/temp files from the browser itself. We've found this to be an issue with the component art stuff that we use there, and in the next release have done away with component art completely.
    <a href="http://www.aspdotnetstorefront.com">Shopping Cart Software</a>